Sunday 20 December 2015

Sunday Stamper - Week 369 - Merry Christmas Everybody

Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy sunny Sunday to you all!  Thanks for your entries into the last challenge... twas great to see your lovely creations!  This week the theme is a little different - a double theme of CHRISTMAS and NO STAMPING NEEDED (although you can use stamping if you want to, you don't have to this time!)   To join in with the challenge is simples: make a little something; a card, canvas, ATC, a piece of altered art... the choice.. it be yours! Add in some stamping if you want to and then hop back here, leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your entry and I can come see you.   If you haven't got a blog, you can join in via Facebook (just tag me name) or by emailing a small res.pic to me or by leaving me a link to your Pinterest or any other photo hosting site.  The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 2nd January 2016.


So! The reason for the double theme this week is because yours truly here is a numpty (you knew that right?) and I completely forgot to add any stamping into my entry!  But, I really love this make so decided to go with it anyway and free up the restrictions a wee bit too. Have you tried the new Distress Mosiac Kit yet?  Oh my wordy indeedily!  I am totes in lurve with this new kit.... and am thoroughly addicted to using it.  It is simple to use and gives great results every time... this little Christmas tree hanging was made using a Studio 490 Art Part as a base - it is the inny bit from one of the Art Part frames which are really sturdy - that is the only thing you really need to remember with this kit - use a sturdy base otherwise the grout makes it go wibby-wobbly.  The papers are from Tim's new Yuletide collection (how cute is that Santa?) and I used the Teensy Tattered Florals die to cut some little flowers for decoration and added a couple of Festive Chit Chat stickers to finish it off.


I have been on my death bed this past week! Oh yesh, I have been beating the Grim Reaper off with a snot filled hanky and a chesty cough... I am happy to report I made it through and am feeling muchly improved now.  I hate having a cold... that awful cannot-breath-or-smell-or-taste feeling... yuk!  It is completely my own fault tho.  Grim had a cold last week and I was all "oh it is yonks since I got a cold, I rarely get them...."  Haha, famous last words!   We went to see Simply Red last Sunday (they were amazing) and I fear that the nice bloke behind me who was hacking and sneezing onto the back of my head may well have shared his germ with me.  How kind! NOT!



Are you all set and ready for Christmas?  I am happy to report that for the first time ever, I am!  No rushing around like a complete loon trying to post cards and wrap pressies.. oh ho! I am all prepared, all I need to do is buy veggies on Christmas Eve and ta-dah... done!   As this Sunday Stamper spans the Christmas and New Year period, I will just take this opportunity to say a mahoosive thank you to all of you who have joined in with my little challenge during 2015 and I hope that Christmas is all you wish for and that you have a marvellous 2016.  That's all for now... thanks for looking... TTFN!

Hels x

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this tree hanger,very Vintage I must look out for the mosaic kit.Wishing you a very Merry Christmas ( from behind a screen and at a distance in case of lingering germs :0) ) and a very Happy New Year.Big hugs Sue Balawajder

Theresa said...

not like you to omit stamping. lovely hanging. will come and visit and leave link. and happy christmas and new year to you too, hugs xx

Caroline said...

My comment is a bit "off piste". Not that you'll have noticed but I want to apologise for being m.i.a for sooooooooooo long. I have wondered about what you are up to since no tv appearances, am sure you've been busy as ever. Hoping you feel better for Friday (Soz, can't say "the word" ~ bah humbug). Great hanging, saw the TH mosaic in an online store but had no idea what it's for. Will now take more notice. Got loads of surfaces it would work on....
Anywaaaaay, just wanted to pop by. Toodle pip! Happy holiday period to you & yours. C

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Hels, thanks for showing your project. I already have the kit but haven't used it yet. You might like this little something that I have made and you can find it here..... http://angelacuttingandcarving.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/that-craft-place-challenge.html
Take care and have a great Christmas, Angela xXx

Black Swamp Quilt Guild said...

I have the mosaic kit but haven't taken it out yet. Maybe over teh holidays...

Love the idea of shopping my stash for substitutes for stamping! Thanks for the chance: http://538194912998600598.weebly.com/carol-stamps/challenge-christmas-no-stamping-needed

JanBianchi said...

Very Nice Hels!!! http://janbianchi.blogspot.com/2015/12/peter-rabbit-christmas.html
For the contest. !!! Nice work as always.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails