Sunday 8 November 2015

Sunday Stamper - Week 366 - Imagine

Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy  Sunday to you all!  Thanks for your entries into the last challenge... it was nice to see some new peeps entering too, so thank you!  This week is a nice easy theme... just use the word IMAGINE.   To join in with the challenge is simples: make a little something; a card, canvas, ATC, a piece of altered art... the choice.. it be yours! Add in some stamping and then hop back here, leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your entry and I can come see you.   If you haven't got a blog, you can join in via Facebook (just tag me name) or by emailing a small res.pic to me or by leaving me a link to your Pinterest or any other photo hosting site.  The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 21st November 2015.


My entry this week is a class sample from a few weeks ago.  As you all know, I loves Distress and especially Distress Paints... I love the freedom they give me to smoosh the colours around a project.  I used Mowed Lawn, Mermaid Lagoon, Broken China and Cracked Pistachio Distress Paints on this project... there's Ranger's Texture Paste on there too under the paints, smooshed on thru Tim's Flourish Layering Stencil... I used my magic little Stabilo All pencil to add shading around the stencilling to make it pop from the background a bit.


The decoration is made using Tim's Perspective butterfly, stamped three times, cut out so it is smaller with each layer and coloured with Cracked Pistachio, Twisted Citron and Spiced Marmalade.   I added buttons, pearls and little star gems which I coloured with Treasure Gold so they were metallic rather than just being any old colour.  I also used the Ornate Frame die, Tim's new Sprig punch (this is FAB) and Tim's Mixed Media diecuts on the canvas and the words is formed of letter from his Alphabet Thinlets dies.   Around the edge of the canvas I did my usual two tone look - I know, I do this all the time but I like the look of it!


That's all for today... I hope you have a cracking day whatever you have planned... thanks for looking and... TTFN

Hels x

6 comments:

Joanne said...

I love this, every bit of it. The colours are super the layout is super everything is super. Xx

Unknown said...

Love this Hels,your butterflies are really special,they look like they could fly away. Big hugs Sue Balawajder

Theresa said...

wow. this is beautiful and i love the colour choice, hugs xx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautifully done. I read a lot about distress paints and am being enticed to order some on line. Your piece is stunning, as always.

Black Swamp Quilt Guild said...

I love butterflies! I espcially love this butterfly stamp --- and your colors. I went a similar way, using stains and the Limitations butterfly... you can see it here:

http://538194912998600598.weebly.com/carol-stamps/challenge-imagine

Redanne said...

Oh Hels, imagine you making a beautiful background and imagine you creating a gorgeous butterfly to sit upon said background.... I love your theme and your project is absolutely stunning!! Hugs, Anne xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails