Sunday 25 October 2015

Sunday Stamper - Week 365 - Freedom

Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy  Sunday to you all!  Thanks for your entries into the last challenge... sorry I have been hit and miss with the posting of the challenge... I have decided that the Sunday Stamper will now be a fortnightly challenge, that gives me more time in between to visit you all and make the next theme!!!  To start the new regime, I have decided a lovely easy theme... and it is FREE.   To join in with the challenge is simples: make a little something; a card, canvas, ATC, a piece of altered art... the choice.. it be yours! Add in some stamping and then hop back here, leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your entry and I can come see you.   If you haven't got a blog, you can join in via Facebook (just tag me name) or by emailing a small res.pic to me or by leaving me a link to your Pinterest or any other photo hosting site.  The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 7th November 2015.


I have been playing with some new stamps... from Carabelle Studio... isn't this birdy just the most delish fella!!!  All the detailing on his feathers and the look on his face, it just appealed to me!  I made an inky background on the tag by blending Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge and Ground Espresso Distress Inks onto the tag and then lightly spritzing a patch of it with water.  I popped a stencil over the top of the tag and misted it with water, removing the stencil carefully, leaving the water to do its magic with the ink and leaving little bleached shapes behind... I love this technique.


I added some more stencilling using Tim's Blossom stencil and Ground Espresso ink across the top of the tag and then set about decorating it... Mr Birdy is stamped onto cream card, cut out and then coloured with Antique Linen and Ground Espresso ink and popped onto 3d foam to raise him up a bit.  The little flowers are Tim's Tiny Tattered Florals... how cute are these!!! Fiddly but soooo cute!!!  I added the word which is another of Tim's diecuts... and then edged around the tag with more Ground Espresso so I had a nice framed finish to it.

That's all for today... I am scheduling this post as I am away to sunny Sheffield first thing for a class... I will hopefully get time during the week to pop pics of the class on here.   Hope you having a great day and thanks for looking!  TTFN

Hels x

10 comments:

snazzyoriginal said...

Beautiful x

carol edwards said...

Gorgeous bird Hels, great tag x

Joanne said...

You are the best ever when it comes to mixing distress colours. I am always amazed and hope one day not to be saying, why didn't I think of that. Fabby creation once again xx

rachel said...

this really is beautiful hels ... and i think going fortnightly will definitely help many of us! big hugs! rachel xx

Jackie T said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jackie T said...

Hi Hels this is a gorgeous tag. I think fortnightly is a good idea it gives me more chance to get some stamping in between my other commitments. My card is created completely from two stamp sets. I am loving seeing the photos of your new bunny we are looking after my daughter's rabbits at the moment. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

http://tinyrosecr.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/fantasy-stampers-animal-antics.html

Theresa said...

gorgeous tag with lush hues. good to see you back, hugs xx

Unknown said...

Lovely tag,the colours are great and very Autumnal. Cute birdy.Big hugs Sue Balawajder

Carol said...

I love those scribbly birds...

My card reflects my wish for teh freedo to travel extensively: http://538194912998600598.weebly.com/carol-stamps/challenge-freedom

Mrs Beez said...

Lovely to have Sunday Stampers back and fortnightly is a brill idea. Never like missing a week but work has been soooo full on this year. Great tag with more fabby colours and divine flowers. Would love to do a flower making workshop with you - possibly in my front room :)

http://wp.me/p3bDgK-3BP

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails