Saturday 24 October 2015

Feeling A Little Wilted... Violet!

... I dunno, I turn me back for five minutes and three weeks has whizzed past!  I have been busy playing with some of the new Distress Ink colours that have now arrived in the Room of Stash... I have been longing for a proper grey colour in the range for about 381 years and finally my wish is fulfilled with Hickory Smoke.  I know it has been out since June but I have only just managed to get me mitts on it!  Of course, it would be rude not to give Wilted Violet a new home too...


I made a nice inky background using both these colours in Distress Paints... I love the smooshyness of a Distress Paint and the fact that the colour co-ordinate perfectly with the inks is a bonus too.  Once the background was dry, I used two different Layering Stencils to add Hickory Smoke and Wilted Violet ink over the background for a little added interest.  How gorgeous is that stamp???  It is from Carabelle Studio and is my new fave so expect to see it on everything :O))  I stamped using Jet Black Archival and then stamped again onto cream card and cut out a few of the butterflies, coloured them and then added little twists of rusty wire for bodies.  The tag is not quite finished as it needs a tonne of embellies adding to it but you get the gist!


I will be back tomorrow with a new Sunday Stamper theme.... I have decided that my hit and miss approach to the Sunday Stamper needs to stop and I need to get back to being regular with it... so from tomorrow onwards, it will be a fortnightly challenge... that way I have no excuse to miss a week!  My Mojo is still lurking somewhere on the boundaries of my periferal vision... I am hoping that a good clean and tidy of the Room of Stash next week will prompt some inky action!  Watch this space!  Thanks for looking... hope you are having a grand weekend.  TTFN

Hels x

12 comments:

snazzyoriginal said...

Love this colour combo x

Joanne said...

Wilted violet is to 'dye' for. Love the 2 stencil use can't wait for the completed look. Cu soon X

Jackie T said...

Hi Hels this is stunning so far I can't wait to see what you add to finish it off. I love the new colours you have used. Have a great weekend. Hugs Jackie

Ohhh Snap said...

Wilted Violet and the Carved Pumpkin (?) have yet to find their way home, but it is very very pretty. I'm experimenting with some of layered stamps in a black and white effect (like a black and white photo)so Hickory Smoke is seeing some action.

Unknown said...

Ooooh Hels,the violet is gorgeous and such pretty butterflies. Lovely tag.Big hugs Sue Balawajder

rachel said...

beautiful hels ...i love wilted violet!!! much gorgeousness. hugs rachel x

Ruth said...

Miss Violet Grey is beautiful! Gorgeous tag Hels. Ruth x

Theresa said...

gorgeous as per usual. glad to see you back. that hickory smoke is beautiful and the wilted violet is great too. i think my other distress inks are feeling left out and neglected as i seem to be playing mainly with the new ones, hugs xx

sarascloset said...

So pretty, and I agree, that stamp image is wonderful! If it's a butterfly it's fine in my book! Love the mix of Hickory Smoke with the Wilted Violet! Just a gorgeous tag!

carol edwards said...

Very pretty,just love lilac colours and all the variations x

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Gorgeous tag! Love this colour combo. xx

Mary Elizabeth said...

Stunning Hels! Love this!! I must get the Wilted Violets now. Such a stunning color combo here. And so perfect with your new fave stamp. Love this tag. -- Mary Elizabeth

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails