Sunday 1 February 2015

Sunday Stamper - Week 343 - Blackbird

Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy Sunday to you all!  Thanks for your fab winged entries to last weeks challenge.  The new theme this week is... BIRDS You can interpret the challenge how you like: be it a stamped bird, a die cut, a decoupaged birdy, a real one (!)... the choice, it be yours!   To join in with the challenge is simples: make a little something, it can be anything you fancy.  Add in the theme AND some stamping *this is THE important bit guys, please remember your rubberstamps!*  and then hop back here, leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your entry and I can come see you.   If you haven't got a blog, you can join in via Facebook (just tag me name) or by emailing a small res.pic to me.  The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 7th February 2015.



This week my entry is a large canvas I have altered.  I taught a couple of lovely ladies a Melt Art workshop during the week and because I have done so many beeswax things, I decided to do mine slightly differently... {theirs are the same, just beeswaxed :O)}   The papers I used to make a collage on the canvas are Tim's Wallflower collection - I am now needing Pad #5 - yes, I love these papers that much!  The soft and delicate colours and the beautiful natural designs are right up my street.   Around the edge of each bit of collaged paper is a smidge of Faded Jeans Distress Ink - this is to highlight the layers of paper and also, I hate to see cut edges so it blends them in nicely.


I snipped out the little blue tits from the paper design... these are layered onto the collage too.  Next up is a good slap of Glue & Seal... to um... glue and seal the papers!  They are now water-resistant which means that if I accidently slop something wet onto the canvas, it is protected.   The roses are made using my tutorial *points left* and I used more of the Wallflower papers to make these. The sentiment is one of Tim's stamps - stamped in Jet Black Archival so it is permanent ink.  The butterfly is a Darkroom Door stamp - isn't he just so perfect?   I added a few bits and bobs of embellies and a little wrap of twine so it looks like a bit of a birdy next and there we have it... done! 



I have a lovely lazy day planned today... a nice roast dinner and an afternoon with Grim... if the weather behaves we are hoping to get into the garden and start the tidy-up before I get cracking in the greenhouse again.  A few weeks ago someone asked how I make my Yorkshire Puds and if it was a secret recipe.  Well, I can't tell you the recipe exactly... but I can tell you how I make them:  I go to the freezer section of the supermarket and buy Aunt Bessie's Yorkshire Pudding Batters... and then pop them into my halogen oven and they are better than the sad efforts that I make from scratch... yes, I am a Yorkshire Lass and yes, I am useless at the puddings!  I have tried sooo many different ways, recipes etc but nope, they all turn out revolting.  I blame the oven (ahem)  On that bombshell I shall say... thanks for looking and have a goodly day!  TTFN

Hels x

21 comments:

Kim said...

Hels, your canvas is simply lovely. My Mom would love your color combination...she loves shades of blues. Your roses are beautiful. Thanks for sharing

snazzyoriginal said...

How beautiful, the Faded Jeans ink is the perfect finishing touch and makes these papers look so I different xx

carol edwards said...

Beautiful canvas Hels love the birds and your beautiful flower. I'm with you on the Yorkshire pudding, just can't make them. Enjoy your day x

Helen said...

The canvas looks fantastic!! I have still not opened that jar of beeswax I bought when you were demoing for Jennie all those years ago...shame on me! Maybe soon...! Enjoy your (Bessie's) Yorkshires!

Claire said...

Oooo love this! So pretty! Enjoy your afternoon! X

Joanne said...

Isn't this just a dream, those little birds and the use of blue around the papers have made this so special. You are so clever. Thanks for the cheery start to today. Enjoy your gardening.xx

Carole Z said...

This is so gorgeous Hels, will make a special effort to get creating this week as I love birds! Hugs Carole Z X

Unknown said...

Lovely Hels,great colour combo.Space on my wall,just canvas size( hint,hint) .Hope your weekend has been good.Big hugs Sue Balawajder (craftywaj)

Jackie T said...

Hi Hels I love what you have created for this weeks theme it is just gorgeous. I have made a little something if you would like to have a look sometime. Hugs Jackie
http://tinyrosecr.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/sweet-little-bird.html

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Hels, This canvas is gorgeous, the colours and the roses and birdies are beautiful.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Theresa said...

this is so nicely collated together. love the colours used here xx

Redanne said...

I love your recipe for Yorkshire Puds, it sound just like the one I use!!

Your canvas is so beautiful, the paper blocking looks wonderful and I love how you added the birds, they are so cute and as always, the flowers are gorgeous! Hugs, Anne xx

Wheely Bad said...

Hi Hels,

Your canvas is beautiful and inspiring. I was looking at Tim Holtz's papers last night while online and thinking how utterly beautiful they were. I love everything about this canvas,

Hugs

T x

Artyjen said...

Told you I would be back! ;)
My card is on my blog here to see.
Thanks for the inspiration.
xoxo Sioux

Artyjen said...

Don't know what happened to my first visit comment 'cos it's vanished!!! I had said that your art was fabby :) and that I would be back!!! LOL
xoxo Sioux

Heather Jacob said...

wow my first time here ... sensational beautiful pieces of art ... so pleased to find you . I will be back for sure xoxo

janna'scraftingattic said...

That really is a lovely tag, I love darkroom door stamps too. The roses look so great I revisited the tutorial as I had forgotten since your visit to Pickwell a couple of yrs ago. Also very hit and miss with Yorkshire puddings, often like little stoggey cakes! I made a fabulous one once (just the once) in a clear Pyrex dish which was so hot that I promptly dropped it and it shattered all over the kitchen floor !!!
Here is my entry this week

http://janna-scrappingintheattic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/hels-sheridans-sunday-stamper-blackbird.html

Joan said...

Beautiful canvas Hels, love your flowers as always. I'm still struggling to cut up my wallflower papers Here's my little birdy card

http://latenightstamping.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/spring-colours.html

tycodmom said...

Here is my entry. I do not have a website, but linked it here https://www.pinterest.com/pin/208643395212863392/. Your canvas is beautiful. I just found your site and can't wait to see more creations.

CathyP said...

What an absolutely stunning project! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog and left a comment so I could follow you back here. I'm happy to have found your beautiful blog!

I took your suggestion and added a close-up of the Rock Candy on my card.

Thanks again for your kind words!
Hugs,
cathy

tocovya said...

As always, wall worthy. i have never quitre mastered this paper patching technique
http://tocoart.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/birdy-tag-this-is-very-late-entry-to.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails