Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy New Year
Sunday to you all! Before I waffle on, I just want to say a big thank
you to everyone who joined in with my little challenge through 2014 - it
is so good to see different interpretations of my themes and your
artwork. As ever with the Sunday Stamper, I chose a song title to go
with the theme and this one is one of my favest songs... I love a bit of our Cilla :O)) The new theme
this week is... HEARTS.
You can interpret the challenge how you like: get your Valentine creation made early, add the word heart like what I did, add heart embellies, heart stamps... the
choice, it be yours! To
join in with the challenge is simples: make a little something, it can be anything you fancy. Add in the theme AND
some stamping *this is THE important bit guys, please remember your rubberstamps!* and then hop back here, leave me a comment with a link to
the place you are showing your entry and I can come see you. If you
haven't got a blog, you can join in via Facebook (just tag me name) or
by emailing a small res.pic to me. The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 10th January 2015.
I actually made my entry on Christmas Eve! I know, I got ahead of the game! That will be the only time this year! On Christmas Eve, Ellen and I had a little Skypey sesh and got inky in our respective time zones. I haven't had a good play with my Studio 490 stash for yonks so I got all my stamps and stuff out and got playing.
The background was created by stamping the pattern with Antique Linen Distress Paint and drying it. Doesn't really show up on a manila tag... until ink is applied... and then it is a fab resist technique as Distress Paint doesn't budge once it is dried. I used Tumbled Glass, Milled Lavendar and Seedless Preserves Distress Stain Sprays, adding more water to make it washy and then standing the tag up so the inks drip down the tag. Once this was dried, I whipped around the edge with a smidge of Seedless Preserves DI to give it a bit of depth and then finished with a smidge of Black Soot DI to give it a frame. I stamped the large flower using Jet Black Archival Ink and used a waterbrush and piece of kitchen roll to dab off the ink where the leaves were stamped... zapped with a heat tool and then added Forest Moss DI using a waterbrush.... see how that resist just doesn't budge? Cool huh? The Idea-ology florals were coloured with the same Distress Paints, part dried and then wiped so the still wet paint comes off and the dried paint stays on giving a faux enamel effect. A strip of torn book page, a butterfly (she is my fave butterfly ever) and a sentiment and ta-dah, finished! I had the best fun playing with this tag, I just let my mind wander and didn't over think it...
I shall away now. Today we are doing the job I like the least... taking down the decorations. It has to be today cos Grim is on nights for the rest of the week so there won't be time on the proper twelfth night but I will keep one thing out so I can put that away on twelfth night so I am doing a bit of it right. Oh and... this post is a milestone post!!! It be my 1900th blog post!!! WOW!!! That is one heck of a lot of waffling... and art! Thanks for looking... have a FAB day! TTFN