Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy
Sunday to you
all! Thank you all for your fabby leafy entries for last weeks challenge
- I am loving all your different interpretations of the theme. The theme this week is STARS.
You can interpret the challenge how you like: stamp stars, stencil stars, add starry embellies, add starry diecuts...
choice, it be yours! To
join in with the challenge is simples: make a little something, it can be anything you fancy. Add in the theme AND
some stamping *this is THE important bit guys, please remember your rubberstamps!* and then hop back here, leave me a comment with a link to
the place you are showing your entry and I can come see you. If you
haven't got a blog, you can join in via Facebook (just tag me name) or
by emailing a small res.pic to me. The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 18th October 2014.
For my entry this week I have altered one of Tim's Worn Covers. If you visited yesterday you will have seen the brand new Compendium of Curiosities 3 Challenge theme is Worn Covers. HERE are all the deets on how to join in with the challenge - if you haven't before, you are missing a great challenge that also has brilliant stashly prizes too. To see my post from yesterday just scroll down the page and it will be there. Anyways... I went to town when I was altering the insidey bit of the cover and decided that I would save my outsidey bit for the Sunday Stamper this week... and here it is!
I used lots of Distress Ink to alter the cover - starting with Antique Linen rubbed directly all over the cover to age it up a bit. I then used Gathered Twigs to dirty up the edges - I do love taking something brand new and making it look like it has been kicking around for a yonk and a half and nowt does this job better than Distress Ink. I then used a couple of Tim's Layering Stencils (Gothic and Stars) to add more inky details - Forest Moss for the Gothic and Gathered Twigs for the Stars. Of course, I wouldn't be happy without adding my little harlequin stamp to the project - so that makes an appearance both inside and outside of the cover, stamped with Jet Black Archival so it pops more from the background.
Decorating stuff is where I find my happy place... bet you never guessed that right? I stamped the large feather (Tim's Bird Feather stamp set) using Wendy's Cornflower, Tree Branch and Potting Soil Archival Inks, stamping onto a smidge of Wallflower paper and then cutting out the detailly bits of the feather. Once cut, I edged it with Gathered Twigs so there weren't any ugly cut bits on show. I used Distress Core-Dinations card to die cut some Spring Greenery, sanding and inking the leaves before layering them with the feather. I did make a big old rose for the front of the book but... alas... it just didn't look right - it was too heavy and bulky for the effect I wanted so that is now on the Shelf-of-Stuff-I-Will-Get-Around-To-Using! Instead I added some Prima flowers, they are flatter and worked much better for me.
Finally I began the embellishmentising... I love tipping all my embellies out on to the desk and rummaging and altering them with Distress Paints - which is what I did with a fair few of the metal pieces I chose. The cool this with Distress Paint is that half drying and then rubbing off the still wet paint to reveal the underneathy bits... it makes the embellies look like they are all shabby and battered. I didn't want to ignore the back of the cover so I added the same kind of decoration as the front and scrawled me initials - you know, just to remind meself I made it *teehee*. I am really chuffed with how the cover turned out... and I have set myself a challenge to fill it up with pages... I have the first one made already so will be back later in the week to show you that.
You might have noticed that I have been neglecting my blog and haven't been on the tellybox for a while. There is a good (or bad) reason for this. I haven't been very well for a few months now and in the past few weeks I have really been suffering. I have felt so rough some days I haven't even ventured into the Room of Stash! I am undergoing tests and scans at the moment - I am finding out some results this week and hopefully then I will be able to get some treatment to make me better. I am still trying to keep up with all my challenges and commitments but my poor old blog has been getting ignored. Thanks to all who still visit and who join in with my challenge - with a bit of good luck, I will get better soon and be back to my old daily blogging ways soon.
That's all from me for today... it is the final race meeting of the British Touring Cars at Brands Hatch - I am not well enough for us to go this year (boohoo) but we will be watching the telly and cheering GO PLATO! Thanks for looking and have a great day! TTFN