Sunday 7 September 2014

Sunday Stamper - Week 324 - Lavender's Green

Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy Sunday to you all!  Thank you all for your fabby entries to last weeks bright challenge - it was great to see all those eye popping summer colours on display.   The theme this week is colour based one... this time, USE PURPLE TONES.  You can interpret the challenge how you like: go for deep purples, add a smidge of violet, a little flash of mauve, the choice, it be yours!  To join in with the challenge is simples: make a little something, it can be anything you fancy.  Add in the theme AND some stamping *this is THE important bit guys, please remember your rubberstamps!*  and then hop back here, leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your entry and I can come see you.   If you haven't got a blog, you can join in via Facebook (just tag me name) or by emailing a small res.pic to me.  The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 13th September 2014.


 My entry this week is actually the very first page of a new "I Challenge Thee" project that Ellen and I started last Sunday during our Skype session.  We have a recipe to follow and over the next few months we will be making pages and then altering covers to make a special little book.  The main ingredient is Studio 490 - it has been too long since we both got our heads together and did an homage to our Wendy...   My base is a bit of manila cardstock, measuring 7 x 5" (ish) and I coloured it with Milled Lavender, Tumbled Glass, Dusty Concord and Tattered Rose Distress Paints... I made a nice smooshy background and then once dried, I set about adding more layers using lots of inks and stencils.  All stencils used are Wendy's... and the inks are Wendy's Archivals.  Starting with diamonds and Cornflower, moving on to dots and Hyacinth.   I made up my own colour embossing paste - popping a couple of drops of Hyacinth and Cornflower Archival re-inker's into Wendy's white embossing paste and then spreading it thru the stencil (can't remember the name of this one)  Now, the embossing paste colour is shown better on the butterfly - that was the colour I chose... and then once I had used it for the flowers, it looked tooooo pale, so I rectified that and use Hyacinth Archival to colour over the embossed flowers - I just popped the stencil back in place and inked over the top so I didn't get any overspill inky bits on the base card.



I added the wreath, inked in Fern Green Archival, adding dots and Glossy Accents and a sentiment to finish off that bit... I wasn't happy with the overall look tho, it looked bare!  So I did some "second generation" stamping, using Wendy's massive script background and Watering Can Archival and randomly stamping onto the background.... ahhh, better!   I added some embellies - Wendy's Embellish Your Art and some bits of ribbon and lace and stuff and that was about enough for this page.  At the moment, the page is curling up - it will be glued to the next page finished and flatten out then... I made a schoolgirl error tho, I didn't punch the holes yet... ooopsies... I might have to fashion a fastening if I can't get the holes lined up properly!  I won't be making that mistake again.



I am excited today!  We are away to Rockingham to watch the British Touring Cars.  This is the first live meeting we have been to this year and I can't wait!  I need to feed my inner petrol head!  As ever, I shall be cheering along and shouting GO PLATO!   Thanks for looking, have a goodly day!  TTFN

Hels x

18 comments:

TangledBlueRose said...

yay! purple<33333
My favorite color!
Have a super day!~kim

Ruth said...

You're definitely pushing me out of my comfort zone, with brights last week and purple this......but that's the fun part of a challenge, looking forward to it! Love your homage to Wendy tag, especially the addition of a bee....beautiful shading and stencilling. Ruth x

Redanne said...

And what a wonderful homage to Wendy it is too! I just love the fabulous bee, the muted tones, the little touch of hessian... I really should try harder, I have so many Wendy things tucked away.... Love this Hels! Hugs, Anne xx

Mrs B said...

Hi Hels. Gorgeous project, I love purple in all it's shades so this is right up my street : ) Love it! Have fun today. Take care.

ellen vargo designs said...

Stunning as ever, Mrs! Love your page! Can't wait for our next play date. xxx

ElizabethR said...

Gorgeous, I am definately having some playtime this week ;) Elizabeth xxx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, This is really gorgeous, all shades of purple are my favourites, so this is fabulous, loving the bee !!
Have a lovely day.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

wendy vecchi said...

I've missed you!
this is sooooo you!

Sandy said...

Your creation is interesting and so wonderful to look at - I love it!!!!
Sandy xx

Kirsten said...

So pretty, the textured flowers are fab.

Carole Z said...

Such a pretty creation Hels, well I'm not going to promise to get back on track this week and then I might just get something made, especially as this is my fave colour, hugs Carole Z X

Unknown said...

WOW Hels... I have to say that you have been one busy gal... the art you have been putting out is FANTASTIC... love it all.. this piece is toppers... love purple first off and with the greens and all the other tones.. great piece...

Here is where mine is...

http://lovelightandpeacebonnie.blogspot.com/2014/09/lilacs-in-fall.html


Hope you are feeling a little better each day... and that you and Ellen can do this more often... I have just started to use Wendy's things... and find them very enjoyable...

Have a great week... looking forward to seeing what you create... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

crafty creations said...

Stunning inspirational piece Hels

Mine is on my blog HERE

Thanks for looking

ElizabethR said...

Well it's defo purple lol
http://elizabethr-thecraftyrobin.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/dragons-dream-tio-letter-j-and-die-cuts.html

Elizabeth xxx

Mrs Beez said...

Fabulous background and colours and I love all the embellishments, especially how brill the bee looks. You are such an inspiration and is about time you were back on C & C, except that will work out even more expensive!!!
http://wp.me/p3bDgK-2QU

janna'scraftingattic said...

Nearly didn't make it this week !! But found a fast fast card
Hee hee. Love your purple tag & bee too

Here is my fast card

http://janna-scrappingintheattic.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/fast-card-sunday-stampers-lavenders.html

Mrs Beez said...

Loving all your creations this week but gutted for you regarding your missing stamp set. You will need to ask the King of Distress to sign a body part or underwear next time, that way no one can run off with it. (Actually, I can't vouch for the underwear if you use an outdoor washing line!)

http://wp.me/p3bDgK-2Ro

Ruth said...

Back with my late entry. Ruth x

http://argeum.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/shlurple-purple.html


Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails