Sunday 10 August 2014

Sunday Stamper - Week 320 - (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman

Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy (if a bit soggy) Sunday to you all!  Wow, what a great selection of bits n pieces entries last week, I was really chuffed that you all loved tidying up *but that is enough of that for one year right?*  The theme this week is one that pleases me greatly, drops me right into me comfort zone it do!  The theme is NATUAL COLOURS & ELEMENTS - you can interpret the challenge how you like: use your favourite neutral tones and natural colours (ie no bright neons folks) add in bits of natural stuff like jute, raffia, feathers etc...    the choice, it be yours!  To join in with the challenge is simples: make a little something, it can be anything you fancy.  Add in the theme AND some stamping *this is THE important bit guys, please remember your rubberstamps!*  and then hop back here, leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your entry and I can come see you.   If you haven't got a blog, you can join in via Facebook (just tag me name) or by emailing a small res.pic to me.  The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 15th August 2014.




Before I waffle on... I had a couple of entries in the past few weeks that didn't have a linky to the post on the entrants' blogs... I hopped on over to have a nosey but I couldn't find the relevant post on said blogs - so if you could give the Sunday Stamper a mention in your post please, I can find you much easier, plus your followers might not have heard of this l'il 'ol challenge and might fancy a play along too :O)




Right!  Waffle time!  It was my beloved Grim's birthday last Monday *yes, he was 21...again!*  I usually cop out and buy him a card because I never think that I will make him one that is as nice as a bought one.  However, this year he did mention about having a made one, so I got my thinking cap on.  Girls birthdays are SO easy aren't they?  Boys cards, however, I struggle with.  I didn't want to do a cliched "cogs, guys, cars, boats" kind of card so I had a thinky about what Grim really likes... and one thing he really likes is birds!  *feathered variety... although.... teehee*  I cut some of Tim's Wallflower papers so I had the little birdy image in the right place and layered this up onto Bazzill card.  The papers themselves are ornate enough to leave them be so I just kept it simple, tied some twine around the papers and added a little Heart Charm with the "love you" sticker in the middle  and stamped out the Happy Birthday and the cartouchey thingy it sits in (Tim stamps btw)




But!  Alas!  The card looked bare!  So I added some Idea-ology Washers and Long Fasteners and Clips... still a bit bland.  Ahahaaaa! A feather!  And being as I happen to have the gorgeous Bird Feather Tim stamps, I decided to make me own feather.  I used Wendy's Archivals: Tree Branch, Potting Soil and a smidge of Geranium to reflect the colours of the bird on the papers.  A whole lot of snippetty-snipping to make the feather a little more realistic and a blend around the edges with Vintage Photo DI to get rid of the creamy cardy bits and voila, done! I am chuffed with how the feather turned out... and Grim, bless him, thought it could be real when he first saw it!  *mind you, he didn't have his specs on - oh yesh, bless him, arms ain't long enough anymore*




I shall away now... I have a pretty lazy-ish day planned... well, I have got Mount Crumpled Clothes to scale and as it is a miserable day out there, I think an old black and white film and a date with the iron is in order!  Thanks for looking, have a goodly day all.... TTFN


Hels x

40 comments:

Cath said...

More amazing work from an amazing lady..just love it! Thanks for a great day yesterday and you take care xxxxx

Helen said...

What a fabulous card!!

Mrs B said...

Hi Hels. I love Grims card, the bird and feather are both gorgeous : ) Mens cards are so hard aren't they. Not many men that I make cards for like the usual football, boats etc. which makes it harder to get ideas as so many have those sort of images! Thanks for this one, not surprised that Grim loved it : )
I am ironing today too, once it's done I always feel good. Take care.

Carole Z said...

This is gorgeous Hels, love the image! I didn't get my act together for a creation last week, where does time go????will try to do better, hugs Carole Z X

snazzyoriginal said...

Beautiful card, love the warm shades and that feather x

carol edwards said...

Lovely card Hels, all the bits and pieces go so well together and just love the feather. Men's cards are always difficult to make somehow but not surprised Grim loved this.Enjoy the ironing on such a miserable day, we have had loads of nice ones though x

Wanda said...

This is a fantastic card Hels. You done him proud. I bet he loved it. I know my OH would.

Kathryn said...

Ohh Ab Fab hels x I'll try n join in ..... I say this every time lol .... I love making mens cards ? Maybe I'm a bit weird lmao x hugs on this wet n wild Sunday .... Great excuse to craft me thinks :)

Unknown said...

Hels I love it, very natural and I cannot believe that you thought you could get better in a shop, no wonder Grimm loved it. And the feather does look real.

I might try and make something, but all I can think of is birds lol and I have a real feather there, I will have to have a think xx

Denise xx

G Peplow said...

Brilliant!! Love this card Hels :D xx

rachel said...

great theme Hels - love this one! hugs rachel xx

Marci said...

Beautiful card, and brilliant idea for a guy.

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful Hels! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anneke said...

Wonderful inspiration. Love the whole design. Beautiful Colors. Thanks for inspiring me Anneke.

Ruth said...

Oh, what a gorgeous card, the feather is brilliant! Love the neutral palette, hope to join in....and I may be a bit late noticing you've changed your picture, it's lovely Hels. Ruth x

Joan said...

Fab card, love the feather, it does look real!

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Hels, Happy Belated Birthday to Graham. The card you made him is fabulous, and the feather is brilliant. You have convinced me (I have been sitting on the fence), I really need Tim's Wallflower paper pad, and now I 'have to have it' haha.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Mary Elizabeth said...

Seriously Gorgeous!!! Love the washers in the corners and the tiny clips. I think we all agree with Grim ... fantastic card. -- Mary Elizabeth

ginny c said...

Beautiful card I thought the feather was real and I got my glasses on !!!'

Crafty Granny said...

Love the card Hels. Also love the cheeky lord Alphonse peeking at me in the corner.

janna'scraftingattic said...

This is a great card, can't believe you made the feather , how clever if you. Bet he loved it :-)

Redanne said...

LOVE the beautiful card you made, I love that wonderful bird and your feather is fabulous - I am not surprised Grim loved it too. Have a great week Hels, now you have got that mountain out of the way! Hugs, Anne xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

This is a lovely card and perfect for a man. Love your new photo too.
Happy crafting, Angela x

silvergran said...

A naturally cool card!

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Your card is totally Beautiful Hels.
Here is my contribution in colours not often selected by me.
http://timetocreate-handmadetreasure.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/lynne-perrella-rocks.html

Sandy said...

Why in the world can I not Come up with something this gorgeous? So wonderful!!!
Sandy xx

Quirky Shepherd said...

Hi Hels
I love love love this, the colours and design are fab.

Mrs Beez said...

Oh those papers! Oh those colours and as for that heart. Love your card.Glad I am not the only one with a pile of ironing x
http://wp.me/p3bDgK-2N1

Unknown said...

That's really beautiful Hels. I love the feather and the platings of the little paper clips. My attempt is: http://craftyjax.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/something-natural.html

Jackie :)

Unknown said...

Is it still sunday??? Am I Late??? Can I still enter.. .LOL.. Hey Hels I LOVE this card to your hubby... very masculine and yet YOU and also very uplifting... so many masculine cards are ho hum.. not fun.. this one is.. .LOVE IT....

I had fun too... and made another little book... just love making books...

http://lovelightandpeacebonnie.blogspot.com/2014/08/a-few-challenges-all-combined.html

Hope to get back for comments... Love, Light and Peace..Bonnie

Emilia said...

Hi, I have created a tag with natural colours and elements. http://italianinspirations.blogspot.fi/2014/08/i-created-tag-with-my-new-tim-holtz.html

rachel said...

excellent work Hels - my piece is here - natural colours and some natural elements.
http://fisherscardsandcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/a-stitch-in-time-saves-nine.html

Ruth said...

Hi Hels, back again with my entry for this week.Ruth x

http://argeum.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/faded-layersnaturally.html

crafty creations said...

beautiful work as always Hels and I'm sure that Grim loved it

Mine is on my blog HERE

Thanks for looking

janna'scraftingattic said...


I managed to get this in a little earlier this week !

http://janna-scrappingintheattic.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/natural-colours-elements.html

Have a good week :-)

Mona Pendleton said...

Thanks for another fun challenge Hels! Here's my take: http://cupcakescreations.blogspot.com/2014/08/merry-christmas.html
Have a great weekend!

Becky said...

Love the card you have done Hels.Sorry I have missed a few weeks
and not sure these fit the criteria but here they are. Becky xx


http://becky-bailey-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/a-couple-of-journal-pages.html

CastleKelly Crafts said...

Love, love, love the card and the theme Jane x

http://castlekellycrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/painting-on-fusible-webbing.html

TangledBlueRose said...

I love your card! Such a wonderful Birthday gift! The feather is really amazing.I love seeing all your inky work.

I made a tag for the Sunday Stamper Inky play :)

It is here:
http://tangledbluerose.blogspot.com/2014/08/saturday-august-16sunday-stampers.html

Happy Day!~kim

Mona Pendleton said...

Thanks for visiting Hels! My dear daughter even joined in the fun!! :) http://cupcakescreations.blogspot.com/2014/08/life-is-good.html

Thanks again for hosting such a fun challenge!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails