Sunday 20 July 2014

Sunday Stamper - Week 317 - In Dreams

Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy Sunday to you all!  Thank you for all your fabby entries for last weeks challenge - it was grand to see so many different interpretations of the theme.  The theme this week is a nice easy one to get your chops around... and it is DREAMS.   You can interpret the challenge how you like: add the word to a project, include it in a sentiment on your project, make something that you have dreamed about or something that is your dream... the choice, it be yours!  To join in with the challenge is simples: make a little something, it can be anything you fancy.  Add in the theme AND some stamping *this is THE important bit guys, please remember your rubberstamps!*  and then pop back here, leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your entry and I can come see you.   If you haven't got a blog, you can join in via Facebook (just tag me name) or by emailing a small res.pic to me.  The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 26th July 2014.


As I mentioned on Friday, this last week has been one of those weeks... you know, when you get a few days set aside to play and then up creeps a lurgy and puts the kybosh on any ideas of getting inky.  Well, last Sunday I was teaching in Essex (last weeks Sunday Stamper was the project I was teaching) and I usually do a "class sample" as I am teaching, I find it easier to show and tell rather than just tell (believe me,  my ladies have the patience of saints trying to decipher what I am saying!) so my entry this week is my class sample.. which I came home and jazzed up a wee bit more - you know, cos I loves a good sesh embellishing stuff!  My word of 2014 is DREAM... and I haven't used it for a yonk and a half so here it is again today!



The base is a canvas board and it was painted with various Paper Artsy Fresco Paints - Mermaid, Bora Bora, South Pacific... and then I spied that one of the ladies was using a similar palette and she had Limelight on her desk... I loved what she was doing with it so I nicked the idea and added Limelight to my creation and wow, it really perked it up perfectly!     My stamping is using Ellen Vargo's gorgeous stamps (CLICK HERE TO SEE HER BLOG)- look closely *if you click on a photo it will pop up bigger!* and you will see lots of different images nestled on the board, all stamped with paint.. and then the very smidgiest of script stamping in Jet Black Archival just to tie the whole design together.   There be stencilling and Grungepasting (mixed with Limelight *this is my new FAVE colour!*) using JOFY and Lin Brown stencils.   I added shading to the stencilling using my Stabilo ALL pencil.



No self respecting canvas would be complete without a rose... and a tattered rose at that.  This one was made using watercolour paper painted with the same as the board, overstamped with Limelight and a text stamp and then, once formed, smidged with Jet Black Archival to give it a bit of definition.  The title banner is actually a metal tag that was painted with more Fresco's and I added the letters using Tim's Alphaparts.  A few bits of Idea-ology and some Distress Glittered bits that I had kicking around the Room of Stash finished off my canvas... aren't those colours just LUSH!!!



I am all excited today... I have a Sunday off... which means that for the first time in about 392 years, me and Ellen will be having a good old catch up on Skype!  I am *hoping* that we don't have the forecast storms cos that usually kicks out yonder t'internet and that wouldn't do at all!  Hope you all got a great day planned... keep cool... tis gonna be a hot one again by all account... phew!   Thanks for looking... TTFN

Hels x

26 comments:

ellen vargo designs said...

LOVE how you used that scribble border stamp - gorgeous! Ca't wait til our skype! See you soon! xxx

Helen said...

Gorgeous canvas, hope you and Ellen have a great natter (and possibly crafting session?) if the weather allows.

Joanne said...

You are clever Hels this is so lovely and the colours are fab
Xx

Jackie PN said...

Just beautiful Hels!! and I do hope you are feeling better soon!! (I'm guessing that is what a lurgy is?!)
xo ")

Unknown said...

Have fun chatting! Gorgeous piece - love all those blues and greens.

rachel said...

hi hels. love your piece. the colours are certaunly dreamy. won't be able to join you this week. holibobs time. off to germany! hope ur skype sesh goes well. big hugs rachel x

Patricia Howarth said...

Afternoon Hels, I'm loving your canvas, gorgeous colours and fabulous stamping and embellies.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Margik said...

Fantastic canvas with great blues and greens. I really love it.

whyducks said...

This is pretty.

janna'scraftingattic said...

Don't know where to start , lovely , lucky class :-) love all the stamping in the background, love the flower & agree the limelight is lush too. Aldo like the obligatory butterfly x

Carole Z said...

Fab canvas Hels' love all those gorgeous colours, hugs Carole Z X

Redanne said...

I love the stenciling and the scribble border and that flower is just stunning - a beautiful canvas Hels. xx

Unknown said...

Love your TAG Hels.. very BLUE and magical in so many ways... love all the stamping, and the pretty butterfly... I think you LOVE butterflies like I Love DRAGONFLIES... I guess we are a little BUGGY??? (in this country that means a little crazy...LOL) Anyway... hope you are feeling better SOON... like on Monday morning...

My entry... http://lovelightandpeacebonnie.blogspot.com/2014/07/dreams-love-them-dont-you.html

Love, Light and peace...Bonnie

Nancy Zunic said...

I love the colors in this!!!!!! It is just a piece of eye candy for sure! Fantastic!

Mrs B said...

Hi Hels. Hope you are feeling much better now. I love the canvas, fab colours and embellies. Take care.

JanBianchi said...

Beautiful piece and great color.

Theresa said...

great work again Hels. i love the colour scheme here. i'm in love with those shades at the moment myself as you can see here...... http://craf-ther.blogspot.com/2014/07/create-with-your-soul.html xx

crafty creations said...

Hi Hels and what an amazing piece of artwork once again

Mine is on my blog

HERE

Thanks for looking

Ruth said...

Beautiful sea green colours and use of those wonderful stamps, lush and lovely, sorry you haven't been well recently, hope you are recovering. What green fingers you have as well x

Ruby Craft said...

This is so pretty. But now I have a song stuck in my head. You know the one by The Everly Brothers... All I have to do is Dream? Missing you at CC3C, hope you are back soon.

BarbaraW said...

Love your art piece. The colors and embellishing are awesome. You make the most gorgeous roses. Here's what I came up with: http://magicdelights.blogspot.com/2014/07/a-midsummer-nights-dream.html

TangledBlueRose said...

Gorgeous and very dreamy! Hope you are feeling better! ~kim

Studio Rose said...

Hels! I was just stopping by from Linda Ledbetter's to see if you're feeling better yet (don't ya hate being sick?!) and discovered that you are doing challenges, too! Oddly oddly oddly enough, I just made and posted a project that included both stamping and the word "dream" - it must be fate!

http://studiorose.wordpress.com/2014/07/24/altered-angel/

Your project is so beautiful and I think I've also fallen in love with Limelight. You already got me to buy Tim's harlequin stamp; it is dangerous for my wallet to read your blog, apparently!

Glad you're feeling better and hope to see your work in the next CC3 challenge!

janna'scraftingattic said...

Hello again, managed to make my in dreams project.
( made me think of Roy Orbison :-) )
Here is my little offering

http://janna-scrappingintheattic.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/dies-and-inks-dreams.html

Belinda Basson said...

Missing you over at the CC3 No7 Challenge, hope you had a great time on Sunday!

Mrs Beez said...

Wish I had been able to do this class as this is well lush. Another amazing flower too. I am scraping in close to the wire yet again.

http://wp.me/p3bDgK-2KJ

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails