Sunday 13 April 2014

Sunday Stamper - Week 303 - Eternal Flame

Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy Sunday to  you all!  Big mahooosive thank you's to you all for all the gorgeous nature themed entries to the challenge last week... I am loving visiting you all and seeing your interpretations of the theme.  This week is a nice and easy-peasy theme... and it is... FLAME COLOURS.   Think reds, oranges, yellows... those bright happy colours to get us into the mood for some sunshine.  To join in with the challenge is simples:  make a little something - it can be anything you fancy.  Add in the theme AND some stamping.  Pop back here and leave me a comment with a linky to the place you are showing your entry.  If you haven't got a blog, you can also join in via Facebook (just tag my name and I will find you) or by emailing me a small res. piccie of the creation.  The theme will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 19th April 2014.


Now, you may have noticed that this poor old bloggetty-blog has been somewhat neglected of late.  In fact, I have been very remiss and hardly blogged for the last few months.  The reason for this is my old Mojo seems to have done a runner!  Oh yesh, the old cad Mojo has beetled off on his jollies and left me here, bereft and thoroughly cheesed off with a lack of inkyness on my fingers.  I actually think that the old war wound flaring up hasn't helped, pain tends to squash any creativity right out of me... and I have been a smidge busy teaching and getting ready for my next lot of classes.   So where am I going with this waffling?  Well, last Sunday I had a lovely day over at Crafty Bunch in Telford, learning how to make cards, being taught by someone whom I really admire... none other than our Pauline Wheeler.  Please do pop over to Pauline's blog.. oh and remember to take a cuppa and a packet of Hobnobs with you, her scrapbooking, cardmaking and 3d art is all beautiful.. you will be there a while... and HERE is her blog.



Yes, you see, I have, um, issues, making a card.  My usual stuff is over flowing with embellies and lots of 3dness which makes my style pretty difficult to compute onto a card.  I have a mental block when it comes to card designs... I just always seem to do the same old thing... so what a delight it was to learn a few new card making techniques and be able to play with some lush Indigo Blu stamps at the same time.  This card here is using the massive Sunflower stamp... I NEED this to come and live in the Room of Stash!  I used Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick and a smidge of Vintage Photo to colour the sunflower... it was stamped 3 times and cut out in ever decreasing petal layers to build up some volume and dimension.  Isn't it just a beautiful design?   THANK YOU to Pauline for inspiring me!



I shall away now.  It is actually Friday afternoon!   I am heading up North to Art From The Heart in Harrogate tomorrow - which is now yesterday (???) for a weekend of teaching.   So, I decided to be all organised and get this post all scheduled and done so I can put my feet up this evening and get an early night for a change!   As ever, thank you for looking, have a fabby Sunday!  TTFN

Hels x

40 comments:

carol edwards said...

Hi Hels this is so vibrant and gorgeous. I love the sentiment, so true. Glad you enjoy your play away day with Pauline it's good to step away sometimes. Hopefully Mr Mojo is back in line again, although never noticed he was missing from your life. Your work is always fab and such an inspiration, but pain does have a way of taking everything away, and making it harder to get going in the first place. Take care and sure Harrogate will be fantastic x

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful vibrant colous to your card.

Mrs B said...

Hi Hels. I love the card and the sunflower is stunning : ) Sorry that you have been having issues with your Mojo but glad that Pauline helped you : ) Take care.

Jackie T said...

Hi Hels this is gorgeous I love the colours. I hope to have a go and be back later to post if I manage it. I'm sorry your mojo has been on hold being in pain does not help for sure. I hope your teaching goes well this weekend and that you get a good rest when you get back. Love Jackie

Jane said...

What a beautiful card Hels. Sometimes a class really helps with our inspiration. I also find a good walk outside or even the garden does the trick too...hugs xx

rachel said...

this is stunning Hels - love it - and just my colours - will enjoy joining in this week .... then I always do lol xx

gwen70 said...

Hi Hels absolutely adore this, what a gorgeous sunflower

Britt said...

Good morning Hels..Your Sunday posts always lift my spirit and bring a smile into my day when I have a peek. Love the vibrant colours of the sunflower as they remind me of warmth and Summer. Talking from experience about pain, yes, it dulls the mind and creativity and makes life difficult. Keep your wonderful creations coming to lighten our days.<3 :)

Britt said...

Good morning Hels..Your Sunday posts always lift my spirit and bring a smile into my day when I have a peek. Love the vibrant colours of the sunflower as they remind me of warmth and Summer. Talking from experience about pain, yes, it dulls the mind and creativity and makes life difficult. Keep your wonderful creations coming to lighten our days.<3 :)

Redanne said...

What a stunning card Hels! I love the vibrant colours and the design is wonderful, I love it and can see why you would want that stamp to come and live with you too. Hope you are having a fun weekend at the fabulous AFTH! Hugs, Anne xx

nannapat said...

Love, love, love your sunflower. what a beautifully vibrant card. Pat x

Joanne K said...

Wow Hels, love todays offering. Very different for you but still bright enough to know you have made it. Hope you are having a good weekend. Kind regards Joanne K x

Rita said...

Fabulous card Hels. I love those vibrant colours on the sunflower. Enjoy your class today and take care of that back. Hugs Rita xxx

Doreen said...

Love your gorgeous card Hels,fab colours....Mine is here.

http://www.doreensdream.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/flame-colours.html

Unknown said...

Oo Oo Oo...I've just completed a project in this colour scheme, think I'll enter it into your challenge!
That sunflower is striking, lovely design you've created there x

Ruth said...

Such a vibrant card and so effective and dramatic to colour in just one of the flowers, love the shading of the flower, the centre looks real. Gorgeous

Crafty Granny said...

Saw the samples from last week at Crafty Bunch, Telford and just had to buy this stamp at club yesterday. Glad you had a brilliant day. I missed seeing you all but I was visiting grandchildren in N. Ireland. Looking forward to seeing you at next workshop at Crafty Bunch in May. xx

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous! I hope you have had a good weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Crafty Humphreys said...

Hi Hels. I haven't joined in for a few weeks, life got the better of me and I never quite got my projects finished in time! But I have been following and also admiring all your bits & bobs and fabby articles in the Craft Stamper mag. I was starting to do something for their challenge which I've never joined before and yours today was made in heaven to help me finish it!" So here is my project, a Bottle Bouquet (is that how you smell it (lol). Lots of stamping, colouring, sticking, painting and bending in all those flamey colours. Much love Suz xxx http://craftyhumphreys.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/bottle-bouquet.html

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Hels, This card is gorgeous, I'm loving the decoupaged sunflower, and the gorgeous colours you have used.
Hope you have had a good weekend.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

craftypam60 said...

Byootiful card Hels - love the sunflower! My mojo has beggared off too - I'm blaming Tiny lol! xx

Lindsey said...

Fabulous flower! Love it!
http://lindsey-doodlings.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/mixed-media-truth.html
Lindsey x

Vanessa said...

Beautiful piece Hels, once again you have inspired me. I was going to do Sunflowers as well but then changed my mind and did a wall hanging instead, hope you like it!

Barb Cady said...

Hi dear, I do hope your old war wound is settling down and not giving you too much trouble. I love your card, it is beautiful and you have inspired us to use such lovely colours after the wet winter. Here is my offering:

http://barbarascraftroom.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/sunday-stamper-flame-colours.html

Enjoy the sun. Big hugs, Barb xx

Ruth said...

Hi, back with my entry for this week, here's the link.

http://argeum.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/sunday-stamper-challenge-303.html

geezercrafter said...

Hi, love your little creation!!, here is mine
http://geezercrafter.blogspot.com/2014/04/sunday-stampers-eternal-flame.html

Enjoy your week
Bryan.

Carole Z said...

Hi Hels, I've been the same with Mr Mojo since my last back flare up, it's so frustrating ... I got this stamp at Ally Pally this weekend, so may well use it myself this week! Love your creation! Hugs Carole Z xx

nancyd said...

Hi Hels, a vibrant and beautiful card
don't believe your mojo missing your
work is always superb.
Nancyd xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Absolutely stunning creation Hels and here's mine...

http://gemslittlecreations.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/shadow-stamping.html

hugs and xxx
Gemma

Theresa said...

love the vibrancy in this. all your makes are fab and so inspirational.xx
here is my link: http://craf-ther.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/flamin-wings.html

rachel said...

hiya Hels - back with my entry for this week - wonderful stuff - http://fisherscardsandcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/lots-of-layers-at-creative-inspiration.html - I loved this week - these colours are my faves xx

catherine said...

this looks fabulous Hels and I love that sunflower stamp. Don't use mine as often as I should but you have inspired me!
Here is my entry for your challenge this week:
http://www.catherinessparemoment.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/best-wishes.html
x catherine

carol edwards said...

Hi Hels just popping back for Sunday challenge
Caroledwards.blogspot.com.
Xxx

Mrs Beez said...

Morning. Hope you have had lots of Hot X buns. Love your lush sunflower, such fabulous colours. Can't believe it's nearly a week since AftH. Had such a great day and canvas has been much admired. Not had time to Melt Pot yet but is on the cards and got a cute bee mould.
http://wp.me/p3bDgK-2sU
http://wp.me/p3bDgK-2sc

Becky said...

Love the gorgeous colours you have used Hels I have actually managed to do it this week you will find it here

http://becky-bailey-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/spring-flowers.html

Carole Z said...

Here's mine Hels, hugs Carole Z Xhttp://8thwonderart.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/sunday-stampers-week-303-good-friday.html

Janis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Hels, loved creating a card for this weeks challenge, not my usual choice of colours so was great fun. I hope to join in a bit more in the future. Here's my link http://craftylittleideas.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/easter-bunny-blessings.html

Amy x

Unknown said...

I completed this canvas project last week & I think it has just the right colours for this weeks challenge. Looking forward to the Compendium of Curiosities Challenges!
http://purpledreamdesign.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/forgetfulness-sign-of-genious.html

EmmiLu said...

Hi Hels, Cutting it fine again, but I managed it!! I loved the colours for this week's challenge, so thanks for setting it! my entry is here:

http://inhaleexploreinspire.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/hels-sunday-stamper-week-303-eternal.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails