Friday 4 April 2014

Gorra Lorra Bottle... Make It! Take It! Challenge

...uh-oh! I am showing me age aren't I?  Remember the milk advert in the 70's?  Anyways, the reason I am waffling on about bottles is because this is the theme for the new Craft Stamper Make It, Take It Challenge which starts today.  CLICK HERE to see all the deets on how to join in and also all the super arty creations the DT have made too.



My project is a diddly little glass bottle that I bought about 251 years ago... can't even remember where I got it - in fact, I got three of them and they have just lurked in a cupboard ever since!   There are lots of different ways to alter a glass bottle... use papers, alcohol inks, paints... but how about using the fabulous technique from the one and only Wendy Vecchi?  Oh yesh, cover said bottle with her Black Embossing Paste! How fab this looks!  I opted to go for a very metallic effect once the embossing paste had dried... but imagine if you got some greeny colour paints and made it look like lichen and moss growing on the bottle! Oh the ideas are really popping now!  The paste was applied with a palette knife and to get the scluoopy (new word!) bits, I just patted the palette knife against the paste to make it peaky.  Once set, I used Florentine and White Fire Treasure Gold, applied with a brush, to add some metal effects.    The flowers are made by sticking some of Tim's new Wallflower papers to Clearly For Art blackout modelling film.  I stamped the flowers (from Studio 490 Live & Make Art set) and cut them out, edging them with Frayed Burlap to tone them in, gluing together and adding a little button to the middle.  I added some jute around the neck of the bottle and then used a little shield from Tim's Thrift Shop Ephemera, stamping the words from Tim's Little Labels stamp set.  The butterfly is also paper on Clearly For Art, heated up, shaped and then popped onto the bottle side.



Now I have two more of these bottles... so I am thinking I shall alter them all and have a little set of them to sit on a shelf somewhere in the house.   Don't forget to pop on over the to Craft Stamper blog to see the challenge details... there be a prize on offer too!  Thanks for looking and have a grand day!  TTFN

Hels x

29 comments:

Quirky Shepherd said...

oooh love this little bottle - sooo many techniques to play with, thanks for the ispiration Hels.

CastleKelly Crafts said...

Gosh the bottle is gorgeous, mmm will now have to keep eyes open for small bottles!!! Jane x

Elaine said...

Love this Hels! The metallic bottle looks great and I love how you've done the flower on the top. I buy my husband those mini after shave sets (Boots) for Xmas and then retrieve the empties from the bin!!

rachel said...

fabby doo Hels - love your bottle - brilliant piece! Have a great weekend! Hugs rachel xx

Linda said...

Ooooh .... this is gorgeous Hels, love the colour and the metallic look, and the bloom on the top looks fab. Linda xx

Cardgenie said...

Wow Hels - fabbo bottle! I have a question if you don't mind. When you say that you brushed Treasure Gold onto it, do you mean the liquid stuff. I'm so wanting to buy some of this luscious stuff but I don't know whether to go for the waxy stuff or the liquid stuff - any pointers? (I bet you say both!!!!). Tar very much. Jean.x

nannapat said...

Fantastic metallic look - how clever you are Hels. The flower is so scrumptious - I just love everything about it. Pat x

Unknown said...

I've just seen Craft Stampers's tweet about this challenge over on Twitter. I've got a plan just need to check if I've got all the required stash! Your project is fabulous, love the flower top x

Helen said...

This little magical bottle is just .... well..., MAGICAL!!! I have two dear little jam bottles just waiting for a new lease on life ... hmmm

Lisa Winnard - TheCraftarageStudio said...

Wow! I love this! Gona have to try this! Saved all the glass jars when my baba's were on baby food. Thought I'd keep um with the phrase 'what for?' from hubby. Ha ha!
Lovely little project Hels.
xxx

Carole Z said...

This is stunning! Thanks for the inspiration...I am aiming to transform our old summer house into an art room, so I can do my altered art stuff out there..I have so many jars and bottles ready to use but have had to pack them away until I get a chance to clear the room:) Hugs Carole Z X

Mrs Beez said...

I love this. It really is magical. A set of three would be superb - toffee vodka, Amaretto and Baileys - magic!!

ElizabethR said...

Lol not only do I remember that advert but I remember Humphrey Straw as well!!!!
Great bottle Hun. Elizabeth xxx

whyducks said...

Oh this is fantastic!

Linda Simpson said...

WOW this is fabulous Hels, love the flower on the top.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jackie T said...

Gosh this is gorgeous. The challenge looks really interesting. Love Jackie

Redanne said...

I remember the advert too so you are not on your own! I love, love, love how you altered this bottle, it looks fab-u-lous Hels! Hugs, Anne x

Unknown said...

Lovely finished bottle.As Jenny says, so many techniques - and so many products I haven't a clue about!!! I'll have to go on a workshop, it's no good!
Thank you, Jan

Marsha Reed said...

What a cute little bottle! I've never tried to do something like this. Now, to dig out my jar stash! :-)

Renee said...

Gorgeous flower on the top!

LoraineC said...

What a cutsie little bottle, love the way you have made the flower x

Ink Art Designs said...

I think it would be a great idea to have a set of 3 of these! Such a clever idea Hels, and the twine around the bottle neck just adds to the effect. Beautiful!
Dot x

Craftychris said...

This is so gorgeous! What a cool technique. xx

carol edwards said...

Fabulous little bottle with so much character, great idea thanks for sharing Hels x

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, Wow !! this bottle is stunning, love everything you have done to it. I'm now looking forward to seeing what you do with the other two !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Candy C said...

Hels this bottle is very cool! I love the idea of Wendy 'a black embossing paste as the under layment! The metallic look you have created with the treasure gold is gorgeous. I also love your fluttering butterfly sndcthecoretty flower on top! Such a neat piece. A trio of these would be darling! Hope you are doing well my friend! Thank you for the sweet comments you left for me! It was GREAT to hear from you! Love ya! Candy

nancyd said...

Morning Hels. Just love the bottle I always do
This sort of thing with yankee candles at xmas
Time and as allthe gubbings is on outside they
are fine to burn. I do santas and things for my
grandkids and flowers and swirls for the adults
And I get request for themes every year.
Nancyd xx

Gina said...

Haha. Now I always had a soft spot for Humphrey!!!

Tracy said...

Yumdiddelyumptious Hels....swooning here at your magical bottle and a giggle at how long ago you bought it!!
Big hugs
Tracy
xoxox

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails