Tuesday 11 February 2014

Just Hanging Around...

...see what I did there huh?  A play on words indeedily today as I have one of the hanging projects I made for the shows on Sunday.  This one is actually just one panel from the Three Hanging Panels MDF set... I love the fact you can use them all together as they have holes drilled... or use them on their own (thus making one's stash go further!)  For this project, I used some of the gorgeous Teresa Collins papers and yep, there's that big old bloom again.  If you missed yesterday's post, please do scroll down to see the photo tut I did on how to make one :O)



The base was covered with the papers, edged with a smidge of Walnut Stain DI and then sanded back to neaten up the edges and I whizzed around the edge with some Black Soot DI to give the design a frame.  Next I used the script mask and Walnut Stain DI, randomly stencilling onto the base and then used the quilt mask, this time with Black Soot DI, again, stencilling randomly for that shabby effect.  Because the papers aren't quite long enough to fit onto the base, I cut it into two pieces and used a strip of the back side of the paper to cover the gap - you can just spy that poking out at the bottom of the flower.  I also added a smidge of stamping to the background... the Tattered Backgrounds dots... love these... stamped with Wendy's Signature Archival Potting Soil ink... lush!



The flower... oh, be still my heart, I have a new fave!!!  Made in the same way as the tut and then embellished around it to add some detail... check out the ickle butterfly too.  That is an Eco stamp, stamped onto card using Flake & Glitter Glue and then gilded with Autumn Leaves Gilding Flakes... I love the instant metal look achieved by doing this.  I poked a couple of holes in the top of the papers (thru the original drilled holes) and attached some rusty wire to make the hanging, added a sentiment and voila, finished!



That's all from me for today... busy week ahead of me - I am teaching in Leicester at Neil Burley's Studio on Saturday and then Sunday, Monday, Tuesday it is the Stitches Trade Show at the NEC and I am demoing for Creative Expressions so I needs to get myself shifting and making some samples... I will be demoing a *new* product too and I can't wait to have a play and then show it to you... til then, I will leave you in suspenders!!  Have a great day... Thanks for looking... TTFN!

Hels x

16 comments:

Mrs B said...

Hi Hels. Gorgeous! Loving the papers and of course the big flower. Aren't you a busy bee! What is this new product ? Can't wait to find out : ) Take care.

Carole Z said...

Hi Hels, gorgeous!! Looking forward to seeing what the new product is! Carole Z X

Marleine said...


Hi Hels,

Brilliant project. Amazing flower die. X

carol edwards said...

Hi Hels gorgeous hanging, love it all. I am definitely going to have a go at the flowers from yourtut. Thanks for sharing x

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, I tried searching everywhere yesterday for this grand flower, and can't find anywhere that has it !!!! I am so loving this hanging, the background is stunning, and the new inks from Wendy are so lush. Loving the gorgeous flower and the embellies, especially the gilded butterfly, stunning.
You are such a tease !! and I have no patience haha.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

nannapat said...

Saw this on the show Hels, stunning piece of work. The big flowers really make a statement when done properly - mine resemble a cabbage! Pat x

nancyd said...

Morning Hels, a fantastic piece just
watched your shows yesterday they were
fabulous as usual, you and Dean are a
scream together and the "Parrot" was
hillarious keep up the good work.
Nancyd xx

Unknown said...

Love it - such a talented person!

Artyjen said...

Looks fab...that flower is great...thanks for the tut by the way. ;)
Wonder what the new stuff is? lol
xoxo Sioux

rachel said...

gorgeous hanging Hels - my hubby will be pleased you left me in suspenders lol! x

Anneke said...

Beautiful. Looks great. Your flower is fabulous . Thanks for showing Anneke.
www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

Apex Technology said...

Good post...SEO Services UK

Nichola said...

Lovely work! So very pretty :)

Josie said...

Wow, that is really beautiful. You are so talented and your photos are also stunning!

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous Hels, I do love these wall plaques. The flower is fabulous as always.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lisapmac said...

Fantabulous, love this piece, especially the grande flower xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails