Friday 11 October 2013

Take It... Make It!!!

...oh yesh indeedily, today sees a brand new theme start over on the Craft Stamper Take It, Make It challenge.  Do you fancy having a little play?  There's a cool gift (I wanna win it! lol) for one lucky entrant and also... we teamies chose the Top 3 entries and the winner of that will have their creation published in Craft Stamper Magazine!  How brill is that!!!  Although I am a lucky DT member for Craft Stamper, every time I am published in it, I still do a little happy wiggle.... there is something so amazing about seeing something that started life in your head out there, in colour, in a magazine!   Anyways... as well as my entry, the fabby gals on the team have been making some seriously stunning art.... HERE are all the deets for you to see.  The theme this month is based on Paula Whittaker's splatter technique article in the November Issue.  I, being one to love a spot of a splatter, leapt at the chance to join in... and here's how I made my tag:


I used a Momma size tag, this one is a Size 10 (the size 8 being Bubba size and the size 12 being the Daddy size) and used Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap and Gathered Twigs DI's to blend ink right over the surface.  I then filled my hang up with water and splattered it onto the inky surface.  Once dried, I chopped a couple of inches off the bottom of the tag and then edged the whole thing with Walnut Stain DI to give a nice frame for the design.   Now, I was lucky enough to treat myself to some of Tim's Layering Stencils the other day... thanks to Jennie from The Artistic Stamper for the, as usual, great service!   I used the Splatter Stencil to add some...erm... splatters!  Using Frayed Burlap for starters and then smidges of Gathered Twigs to darken the outer bits of the splatter.



No self respecting tag would be repleat without a smidge of stamping... so I brought in the very first Tim Stamp I ever bought... and this one was also signed for me... oh yesh, the very first time I met the Duke of Distress I mithered him to sign a stamp for me!  It is a woody too and although I loves my UM stamps, I do loves my original woody's.  The stamping was done using Jet Black Archival so it "pops" more from the background.   I added some more splatter using the plastic tube thingy from the inside of Cherry Pie and Black Marble Dylusions sprays.



I piled up some plain white flowers and sprayed them with Melted Chocolate and Cherry Pie Dylusions and then once assembled together, I added splats of Black Marble Dylusions and then some jazzyness with Red Firefly Cosmic Shimmer sprays.  Finishing touches with metal embellies and a sentiment and voila, one splattery tag!


Today I shall mostly been scaling the dizzy heights of Ironing Mountain... now, I loves a spot of ironing but this lot has been lurking around since we came back off hols.... well, I have been ver, ver busy since we got back *my excuse, sticking to it lol*  and I also have three episodes of Wentworth to catch up on, guess that is my afternoon sorted!   I shall away now... wish me luck, I may be some time!  Thanks for looking, TTFN

Hels x

12 comments:

Helen said...

This tag is just beautiful, as always i love your roses!

rachel said...

stunning colours Hels - the flowers are amazing and love the splatter x

nannapat said...

Wow - what an amazing tag. The colours are just stunning & I love the text on it. Pat x

My name is Cindy said...

Gorgeous tag Hels.

jaine drake said...

As ever your project is crammed full of yummy details. Gorgeous tag.

craftyb said...

Splatter heaven - stunning tag!!x

carol edwards said...

Hi Hels this tag is fantastic. The flowers look amazing ihave to n those colours, love it Will check out my Craft Stamperx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, Love it !! the splattering is fab and the flowers are 'to die for', love all the differing sprays you have used, the finished flowers are stunning.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Jo F said...

Absolutely stunning - love the flowers and the colours!

May I ask where you got the flowers from?

Unknown said...

Oh, Hels,
This is so beautiful!
The colours so yummy, the roses so perfect.
Lis xx

Unknown said...

PS: Did you know that die-cutting flowers with paper coffee filters
gives beutiful results, and they take all sorts of colour media?
Costco, here we come!
Just saying...!
Lis xx

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

So Hels I am there on the Craft Stamper Challenge site looking at the DT work lost in my thoughts and I stop at a Tag, Ooh that's gorgeous I think to myself, so I scroll up to see who the designer is, I see Hels, I literally sighed and said to myself Of Course!!! Its beautiful. xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails