Sunday 22 September 2013

Sunday Stamper - Week 276 - Lock & Key

Gooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy Sunday to you all!  Thank you for the gorgeous entries for last weeks challenge.  This week is going to be a slightly different than normal challenge... because it is going to be a TWO week challenge.  Oh yesh, for the first time in 4 years, the Sunday Stamper will be taking a week off... fear not though, it will be back again on October 6th.  On with this fortnightly challenge theme though which is... KEYS.  To join in is simples: make a little something, it can be anything you fancy.  Add in the theme AND some stamping.  Once you have made your creation, pop back here to leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your entry.    If you haven't got a blog, you can also join in via Facebook, simply tag my name on your upload... or by email and attaching a small resolution piccie for me to see.  My email addy is over there *points left* where my photo is, click on that and you can get the deets :O)  Remember, this is a two week challenge and will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 5th October 2013.



My entry this week is one of my show samples... I have been so busy making samples and such like that I didn't get chance to do any other art for the past couple of weeks.... and I know that sometimes we don't get a chance to see the samples close up so I thought I would share a few with you this week, starting with this one.  It is made from the 3 board hanging set and it is MDF based.  I love love love this set... perfect size and of course, being MDF is always going to be a winner.



The base was painted with Lake Mist Dabber and then I layered up some That Special Touch stencils... Scattered Straw blended through the Trellis stencil... then Broken China through the Flower mask and then the Sunburst stencil... LOVE this one... that is Seedless Preserves DI blended through that.  The stamping is done with Watering Can Archival Ink (LOVE this colour, tis my new fave.. thank you Wendy Vecchi for making this one happen!)  I used the Creative Expressions Textures stamps.. the top and bottom panel have the crackle background randomly stamped and the middle has that gorgeous french text stamped.


The flowers are stamped onto Foundations papers using Aquamarine and Blue Violet Archivals and then cut out, curled, layered and decorated with pearl middles.  I love adding lots of goodies into a bundle of flowers which is where the fabby Embellish Your Art pieces came in handy... and of course... glass vials filled with the delicious new Broken China Distress Glitter...well, it had to be done!  I LOVE that new glitter!  Shhh, don't tell anyone though... being as I am a non-glittery kind of person normally lol


Right, I shall away... hope you all have a great day planned... I am away to Telford to teach at Crafty Bunch today and tomorrow.  Thanks for looking!  TTFN

Hels x

30 comments:

Lisapmac said...

Fabulous as always, love this hanging, such a lovely gift for someone special x

Nan G said...

Love the colors and the fab stencils! Enjoy your time away!

Lisa Winnard - TheCraftarageStudio said...

Love this Hels, along with all the other MDF bits from the show. Couldn't watch them live but caught up later on. Fab demos, not as many as we'd like but not your fault we know. Would have liked to have gotten my hands on that clock though gggrrrrr!!!
Fab stuff hope we see you on again soon x

Helen said...

Hi, this is gorgeous! You must be the reason the MDF man didn't have any tag or plaque shapes at Ally Pally this time then... (grin) Quite beautiful...

carol edwards said...

Hi Hels lovely hangings, enjoyed watching this demo, great to see them up close, thank you x

nannapat said...

Fab hanging Hels. Hope you enjoy your week's break. Pat x

Marleine said...


Morning Hels,

Love the panel. X

Redanne said...

Gorgeous hanging Hels, that new Watering Can ink really is fab, love the Cornflower Blue too! I noticed that Country View Crafts are selling some of the MDF pieces that you used and they seem to still have stock..... just saying. Hope your crafty weekend goes well and thanks for giving us a bit more time to get out creations done. Hugs, Anne x

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, I am so glad you have posted all the deets of this hanging, as I thought it was so beautiful when I saw it on C&C, and it is so lovely to see it close up.
Fabulous shows on tv, loved all your demos.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Vee Cassidy said...

So great to get a close look at this lovely hanging. Love the keys theme. Vee xx

rachel said...

gorgeous hanging - great theme - must pt my thinking cap on x

Becky said...

Great hanging Hels is the one you did for C&C all shows were very good.

Becky x

Linda Page said...

Love this Hels and thanks for sharing so much better to see in close up than on the tellybox xx

Barb Cady said...

Great hanging Hels, you have been busy! So glad for the two weeks, I haven't managed to make anything for a few weeks as the next challenge is up before I get the old mojo working! Hopefully this time I will be able to get going! Take care, and don't do too much! Hugs, Barb xx

craftypam60 said...

Lovely to see this close up with all the details! Am def going to make one when I can get my mitts on the MDF bits!! Fab shows esp the 7pm one where you got serious demo time xx

craftypam60 said...

PS Thanks Redanne - just bought the hanging panels from Countryview crafts :o)) x

Annie said...

Hurray .........I can play this week x

Love this Hels and great demos on Create and Craft. We just dont get to see enough of your demos due to the hard sell.

Have a great week Hugs

Annie x

Here's my make

http://curiousncraftytreasures.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/its-in-bag.html

Linda Simpson said...

WOW this is stunning and I do love the colours. Have a fab break and I will be in touch when I get back from my hols.

Hugs
Linda xxx

nancyd said...

Hi Hels, a fantastic hanging loved all your stuff
on C&C you are just amazing.
Nancyd xx

Carole Z said...

This is gorgeous Hels! Will have to miss again this week as still in USA! Carole Z xx

TDQ Karen said...

Love this artwork, I caught up on all your shows yesterday - wow - what fantastic creations you came up with. xx

Glenharon said...

Good morning Hels,
You are slowly converting me and my OCD brain around to your beautiful works of art. The panels that you have done this week are a beautiful hanging that anyone would be proud to put up in their home.
Have a great reviving week off and will tune in nest time to see what delights you have in store for us,
Love and crafty hugs
Norah

Mrs Beez said...

Those flowers and colours are divine. I got the other stamps but not those flowers - will definitely need to correct that mistake!!! Here's what I did this week
http://wp.me/p3bDgK-1Ju

Redanne said...

Hi Hels, I did my piece and then forgot to link it! Here it is now:

http://bollyanne.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/tim-tag-september-2013-and-eclectic.html

Hope you have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Anne x

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Hi Hels I've been MITMA - missing in Too Much Action so it is great to be able to drop by with a crafty offering http://timetocreate-handmadetreasure.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/sharing-secret.html
Your hanging is totally beautiful!

BarbaraW said...

Love your hanging. The colors are exquisite. My piece can be found here: http://magicdelights.blogspot.com/2013/09/12-tags-of-2013-september.html

carol edwards said...

Hi Hels just coming back for keys challenge. My blog , still going, Caroledwards.blogspot.com x

rachel said...

gorgeous hanger Hels - here's a card I've done for the challenge x http://fisherscardsandcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/josies-card-and-my-fishy-tutorial-card.html

Sue uk said...

Great Challenge. Love the wall hanging You can find my post at:http://nwscrapbooking.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/candy-clean-and-simple.html

Becky said...

Love your hanging Hels hope you had a good hols here is mine http://becky-bailey-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/tag.html



Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails