Gooooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy Sunday to you all! WOW! Thanks for all the great comments and fabby entries for last weeks challenge. I will do all the winnery bit in a mo... but first... this weeks new theme... which is... DREAM. To join in is very simples: make a little something, it can be anything you fancy. Add in the theme AND some stamping. Pop back here to leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your entry. If you haven't got a blog/picassa/web-photo-hosty thing, you can also join in via Facebook (just tag my name on your photo) or via email (simply send me an email with a photo and a brief "how you made it") The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday June 8th 2013.
I had a whopping 218 entries for the giveaway... so, to be fair, I allocated a number in chronological order to each comment in time/date order they had been made and anyone who also entered the challenge had their numbers added in the same way too. And, all in all, 218 entries, which was fed into Random.org... and it chose number 111 ...which tallies with the comment/entry left by JANET from Dash-Paw Blog. CONGRATS to Janet, please can you email me and I will pass on the deets on how to claim your prize!
On with this weeks entry! So, as you know, I do love a spot of paper blocking... and I also loves a lot of those gorgeous new Tim Holtz French Industrial papers.. ohlalaaa (hey, I went all Francais then!) they are beautiful... I actually love the "backs" of the papers as much as the front, the patterns are a delight to see. Anyways, being as I am a bit of a demon for papers, I bought two pads in one go (I know, GreedyBomBeady is my middle name)... so I didn't feel quite so guilty for cutting into the pad.
The canvas is my fave size to work with at the moment... 6" x 4" deep edge so I can get my two tone painty thing going on. The papers were layered up, I gave them a light wash with cream paint and then a seal coat of Glue & Seal and then set about embellishing.
I made a rose from the Tattered Florals die (big flower) and used Fired Brick DI to make a little pop of red on the creamy brown base. And went all out, gluing on embellies and generally having a ball... til I realised... erm... I didn't do any stamping! WHOOPSIEDAISY!!! I overcame that with some tissue stamping and a gorgeous Studio 490 script background stamp and some collaging with Glue & Seal... ok, so the stamping in minimal... but... well, I have had a busy week and I am ever so slightly dim... you gotta feel sorry for me lol
And... another reason to shower me with sympathy is that... I have the mother of all sore throats... and I am getting every so slightly (ok, very...) worried... being as I have telly shows tomorrow and all that... and the old voice is kind of necessary. I just hope I don't lose it (my voice, the plot was lost a long time ago lol) I don't think Grim would be very upset if my voice went, poor bloke would get a bit of peace... So, I shall be gargling TCP (no, I won't, I hate that stuff...) but I will be making sure I am all Tune'd up... I am keeping my inky fingers X'd that this is just a 24 hour thing and I don't start to feel rubbish too... cos at the moment, I wouldn't say I am ill... just a bit jaded. Hey ho! That is life! Right, I shall away... samples and demo's to get prepped and sorted and of course, as ever, the Battle of the Fingernail will be taking place later when I try and get them from ink covered back to normal looking again! Thanks for looking, have a great day! TTFN