Friday 21 June 2013

Mr Penny Farthing From The Darkroom...

...aha! Yesh indeedily, it is time to show you another my of Darkroom Door DT pieces... this time I have been playing with Mr Penny Farthing.  Isn't he a handsome chap?  I love this collage style stamp... there's enough going on in the background that it is interesting without overpowering the image of Mr Farthing.  To see stockists for Darkroom Door stamp, CLICK HERE and to see some gorgeous creations from the rest of the DT, please CLICK HERE.



My take on Mr Farthing was, of course, to turn him into a hanging (being as I am addicted to all things wall-arty)   I started off with a piece of mountboard and gave that a quick coat of Black Soot Distress Stain, drying it, then sanding it back a bit to reveal the board underneath and then blending Walnut Stain DI over the edges to age it.  Mr Farthing is stamped onto cream card using Jet Black Archival and I then coloured in using Antique Linen, Forest Moss and Walnut Stain DI's.  He was then popped onto a piece of corrugated card (Thank you to Mr AlfieCat for letting me upcycle his food packaging!)  which I tore back to reveal some of the corrugations and painted over it with cream paint.  I then added some Frayed Burlap DI to tone the colours in and smidged around the edge with Jet Black Archival Ink.




The decorating was fun!  I die cut a couple of cogs from Grungeboard, coloured them with Gathered Twigs and Walnut Stain DI and cut them to fit onto the base board.  Holes punched and eyelets set ready for some rusty wire for the hanging bit and then I started on Mr Farthing himself.  Adding the Ornate Plate over the top of him, some little wire swirls, a bit of a Journal Ticket and some twine around the corrugated card... and then my new fave Tissue Tape (diamonds - LOVE them!)  I added some metal cogs and a few bits of Idea-ology to finish the project off.



That's all from me for today... busy busy busy as usual... you will be pleased to hear that I finally tidied up the Room of Stash though... it is like a new pin now!  (not for long I guess lol)  Thanks for looking, have a great day!  TTFN

Hels x

26 comments:

Helen said...

He's a handsome looking chap to be sure... well done for clearing up! I should have a go at that...maybe

ria gall said...

Hi Hels
this is very vintage and he is a handsome bloke, does Grimm know you have been shut away with him today!
Well done on the tidying it must be in the air as I have been on my hands and knees doing the same
Ria

Rita said...

This is incredible Hels. I love those stamps too. The way you have brought it all together is fabulous. My craft room is tidy too, the first for a while I can admit. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs Rita xxx

Cardgenie said...

Glad you've tidied the room of stash - fancy having a go at mine next? Teehee. Love the hangingy thing today. Jean

Redanne said...

Well done on the tidy up job! Love this piece and what a brilliant way to frame him too. Love this. Hugs, Anne x

Aquarius said...

Certainly a handsome chap and he might have to come and stay with me!! Great wall hanging - love it.

Linda Simpson said...

Love the stamp and gorgeous wall hanging. The gentleman sure looks super cool.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Craftychris said...

Very cool indeed! xx

mark gould said...

Stunning Hels, I love darkroom Door, their images are always stunning, framing the chaps head really helps set him off.Love it xx

Mooffie said...

oooh, Hels, this is gorgeous! I love Darkroom Door... credit card ready to feel bendy again, I wonder??

Carole Z said...

Well done on your tidying, mine just gets worse! Fab creation Hels, I love DD stamps! Carole Zxx

voodoo vixen said...

You are so on the ball, tidy scraproom and new wall hanging! Love your penny farthing man... I bought some Dark Room Door stamps when I went to the Expo the other weekend, so should really get them out and have a play with them!

carol edwards said...

Hi Hels Great looking chap, very smart. You have done him proud. x

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, Stunning !! I love this hanging, the addition of the ornate plate over Mr Farthing is genius, the textures, the colours and the embellies, this is a 'work of Art'.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

chrissie said...

This all looks fantastic with some wonderful ideas for inspiration

Love Chrissie xx

EmmaT said...

Morning Hels, fabulous fun project, love the stamp and what you've done to his head!

nattyboots said...

I love it Hels would make a great vintage scrapbook page .

Elaine H X

Astrid Maclean said...

Very cool, love this, so many little interesting details and a fab stamp!!

nannapat said...

Fantastic work of art Hels. The stamps are stunning. Have a great weekend. Pat x

Unknown said...

Hi Hels, Love Love Love it. The stamps are lovely. (MY "NEED" LIST IS GETTING LONGER AND LONGER). Love the colours you have used. Thanks again Hels for all your inspiration.
Enjoy your weekend.

Happy crafting
Chrissie x x x

annemarks said...

Totally fab work of art, i love it. My daughter works in london and says some trendy shoreditch chaps are ridning penny farthings on the road :)

nancyd said...

Morning Hels, great piece of wall
art and love the frame around his
head really makes him pop you are just a genius and great a inspiration
to everyone.
Nancyd xx

Joanne K said...

Afternoon Hels, what a lovely piece today. I really like it. Have a good weekend. Kind regards Joanne K x

Joanne said...

You really are clever Hels, I love the way you put embellishments together. Everything always looks so darn good.
xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow! Gorgeous Hels!

Rachel Greig said...

You've always got great ideas for our Collage Stamps Hels! Love what you've done with Mr Farthing! :) Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails