Saturday 15 June 2013

Make A Wish...

...well, the word "wish" is my "word of 2013" after all... and surprisingly, I am not getting bored of using it all the time either!  Anyways... today sees another demo sample from last weekend... this time I have pushed myself and used cardboard for a base (ahem... quite!)


Lots of lushly Fresco Paints and Grungepaste through a new Crafter's Workshop stencil... I loves this new one lots!  I used the gorgeous Lin Brown stamps, stamping with paint (application is simples, a bit of Cut & Dry, half with one colour, half with the other and pouncing it onto the stamp moving the stamp around in a circle, so it is light in the middle and dark on the edges... easy peasy!)   Anyways... the flowers were stamped onto black card, I have seen Lin do this and it gives the flowers a real "pop".  The leaves were stamped onto cream card for a bit of contrast.  The letters are from the Vintage Market Alterations strip die... love that die lots (and I haven't got it either)  A smidge of Treasure Gold around the edges and over the stencilled bits... and a finishing touch with a butterfly (Studio 490) stamped onto Clearly For Art (clear flavour)  A few bits of rusty wire to add some swizzles to the flowers and for the hanging and there you have it... done!



As I sit here, in the Room of Stash, I am seeing a brilliant blue sky, which makes me want to go and do a spot of gardening... but!  It is blowing a hooley, the trees in the Spinney and bowing down so I figure I will only get radged with the wind blowing my hair about (little known fact, getting my hair blown about by the wind makes me reallly crabby!)  So, I shall stay in the Room of Stash instead.  I have lit a Yankee Candle (today's smell is Lilac Blossoms, my all time fave) and I shall have to make sure I get covered in ink and paint... and then perhaps, later on, I will actually tidy the Room of Stash instead of picking my way over several boxes and bags of stuff that needs re-homing. Then again, I might just carry on playing!   Grim is on a long old shift today *sad face* and won't be home til 11pm so I do have plenty of time to get tidied up (even as I write that, I know I am doubting it will happen lol)   So, I shall away... to tiptoe through my own handmade bombsite to the Desk of Creativity and see what happens.... Thanks for looking, as ever, have a fabby day!  TTFN

Hels x

17 comments:

Mrs Beez said...

It seems that every piece you do just tops the previous one. I'm beginning to feel a bit like Bruce Forsyth now because this is now my favourite - that stencil with the paste and the gold WOW! Plus another fabby flower.

Cardgenie said...

Love today's piece - the pasting through the stencils is fabbingtons. Love the gold edges too. Glad to know that I'm not the only one with a messy stash room - unfortunately I've too much stash and not enough room so I constantly have to move boxes! Jean

Mrs O crafty blog said...

One word...... Fabulous! Xxx

Aquarius said...

Another really creative piece of scrap cardboard - love it and the flowers really pop. Whoever heard of a tidy creative person - I'm not anyway!! Just chill and create it's what you do best.

Rita said...

What a beautiful hanging Hels. Like you I have my favouritr Yankee candle lit too it is Lemon & Lavender. Just you chill out and do what you feel like doing. Hugs Rita xx

Inkypinkycraft said...

another beautiful make....enjoy your craftiness
xx hugs trace x

rachel said...

oh Hels - you do make it sound wonderful - I actually fell my full length in my craft room the other day because of my untidiness - when its the attic nobody else hardly sees it - so it does slip into a state very rapidly!!! Love your piece - beautiful work and those flowers really do pop on the black don't they? Hugs rachel x

Linda Simpson said...

Oh this is wonderful and I do love the word "wish" and you can never use it too much. Another stunning creation and just love those flowers.

Hugs
Linda xxx

nannapat said...

Gorgeous Hels - you really are sooo clever! Pat x

carol edwards said...

Hi Hels really beautiful tag and I like the flowers and colours very much. My craft room is a real mess too.x

Gerrina said...

The weather was the same here, and still I got out and went on my bike and enjoyed the warm(!!!) wind... I made this one earlier and forgot to put it in a comment: http://gerrinascreatievewereld.blogspot.nl/2013/06/musical-label-musical-tag.html
For the Sunday stampers.
Have a great sunday! Hugs, Gerrina

Unknown said...

Hi Hels ... very pretty hanging .. love the colours you have used.

Happy crafting
Chrissie x x x

chrissie said...

Fantastic hanging so bright and cheerful with wonderful texture

Love Chrissie xx

Marleine said...


Hi Hels,

Love this wall hanging. The colours are scrummy. Enjoyed learning a new way of.doing flowers, so pretty.
Introduced a friend to your blog yesterday. She says you talk her language and loves your work. X

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, WOW !! love this hanging, the colours are beautiful and the addition of the gold and the flowers - STUNNING !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Joanne said...

I just adore these colours and have to admit to being somewhat in love with those paints. Enjoy your day.
xx

ria gall said...

Hi Hels
what a great tag I am loving those flowers they look fab. I am starting to love using embossing paste and I love seeing what you have done with it
Ria

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails