Tuesday 18 June 2013

Life...And The Art Of It...

...sounds pretty deep and meaningful doesn't it?  Actually, I decided to call this piece by that name because it makes me sound like an artist (well, one can always have aspirations...)  I actually do just see myself as a crafter... an artist can do drawing and stuff, whereas, if I attempt to draw anything, it looks like a 5 year old has done it... well, apart from elephants, I do draw a good elephant.... 


Anyways... another demo piece from the other weekend... I have no other stuff to show you at the moment... basically because the Room of Stash is STILL a pit.  I know, I keep saying I shall be tidying it... and I have done the sum total of nowt at all.



I do have goodly excuses though... well, food needed cooking... and washing needed doing... and bins needed emptying... and shopping needed to be got... oh and then there's the small issue of the old war wound which, has again, flared up.  I am calculating it it about 3 weeks between "crisis points"  Which is NOT good.  But, hey ho, it happens and I will get used to this degeneration and then it will be bearable for a while... and then it starts again.  Anyways... I am going to "gently" do the Room of Stash today... no lifting and stretching, just removing boxes from the floor and putting away stash... and then, I may just get a chance to play with the Susan's Garden dies that Grim got me for my birthday!  That is my reward ;o))   I shall away now... as ever, thanks for looking... hope you having a great day!  TTFN

Hels x

21 comments:

snazzyoriginal said...

Beautiful colours on this, loving that corrugated card base too. Take care xx

Helen said...

Gorgeous colours. mind your war wound when you're tidying up. expect to see it done later...!!

Aquarius said...

Take care with tidying the room of stash. I would say that you are 'indeedily' an artist!!

Rita said...

This is lovely Hels. Sorry to hear you are suffering again, the pain must be awful. Gentle Hugs Rita xx

Emma said...

You are most certainly an artist in my eyes, I always love your work.

Take good care of yourself xx

Joanne said...

Another brilliant and gorgeous hanging. Take care and be good
Xx

Unknown said...

Hi Hels ... another "master piece" I love the colours you have used and the sentiment. Hels you don't have to be able to draw to be an artist...
Your work is always so artistic and very beautiful. Thanks for all your inspiration.
Sorry to hear you are suffering again, Hope it improves soon.

Happy crafting
Chrissie x x x

Gail said...

Yet another luvly project and luving the colours xx hope you don't overdo it today tidying up your room of stash and luving the use of the word 'nowt' don't hear it very often these days xx GailT xx

carol edwards said...

Hi Hels this is beautiful. Feel for you with the back pain mine is on flare again, 2nd time in just over 3 weeks. So take it easy and hopefully it will ease soon x

Rebecca said...

You ARE an artist and let anyone tell you otherwise, beautiful work & that reminds me I must show my hubby your room...he might not moan at me so much about the state of the dining table LOL
Happy craftin
Rebecca

Mona Pendleton said...

So beautiful Hels!

Claudine said...

This is a beautiful hanging, I just love it!!

Marleine said...


Hiya Hels.
Another masterpiece. Love the colours and the flowers.

Not a good idea to do bending and lifting boxes, me thinks. X

Cardgenie said...

Hels, love the piece today - how did you do the lickle flowers? Jean

janet said...

Just take it easy wummun! No unnecessary lfitng at all. Love the wee flowers on today's hanging.
I've got some Susan's garden dies too, so looking forward to seeing what you do with yours!
Janet (&B)

Linda Simpson said...

Stunning! Gorgeous background and love the embellishments.

Hugs
Linda xxx

chrissie said...

Another gem.

Hope your pain soon eases

Love Chrissie x

rachel said...

beautiful piece Hels - gorgeous again - and you are an artist you know xx

Redanne said...

A totally inspiring piece of art Hels, you ARE an artist dear lady, your work is stunning. Hope your pain eases - don't do too much today though.... Hugs, Anne x

Karen Petitt said...

Beautiful creation Hels. So sorry to hear your war wound is playing up - must be something to do with the weather as mine is blooming awful too right now! Karen x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Beautiful Hels! I love the minty green and the elegant feel! The LIFE is wonderful as well!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails