Tuesday 10 July 2012

If I Had A Box Just For Wishes....

...ahh, a line from one of my favourite songs, Time In A Bottle by Jim Croce. Well, I have had this little alterable box for a yonk and a half so I decided it was high time that I... erm... altered it! It is my DT offering this week for The Stamp Attic. To see all the deets on how I made it, altered it, embellished it and the goodies I used, please CLICK HERE to be magically transported on the back of a humungus dandelion clock (I used Indigo Blu stamps on this box, hence the dandelion reference... )



Anyways... that there is a sneakily peekily at the finished piece. I know... it is ... PINK! Whatever is happening to me eh? Once upon a time, in a land far, far away, there lived a wee young lass who adored pink. She had pink hair streaks, a pink mobile phone, a pink camera, a really cool pair of pink suede boots (actually, I still have them and I still lurve them and don't care that they are sooo out of fashion lol) Where was I? Ah yes, the girl who loved pink. You know, she loved pink so much she even named her blog after her nickname at that time, which was Pinkle. So began the crafty blog "pinkleart". Then one cold and frosty morning, she awoke and realised that her world had become black and white and grungy. So she cast aside her love of all things pink and turned her back on the colour that she had so loved. Several years intervened where she avoided all things pink at all costs. Then one day, she awoke and realised that actually, pink is a rather nice colour... and there are so many "pretty" shade of pink that they should be embraced and used.... maybe not on everything but... it's a step in the right direction.

Anyways... enough of my inane wafflings... don't forget to hop over to The Stamp Attic... I have done links and all that stuff so if you fancy yourself a nice little bit of retail therapy, they are all there, at the click of a button.... am good like that yes? Thanks for looking... TTFN

Hels x

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just beginning to read your article on Distress Markers when I saw the tweet fly by. I love that song so I was curious to see what was attached to it. Very pretty and I feel inspired to try my hand at altering one. Thanks much! Gina

Chloe's Nan said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Hels! I'm sooo glad you found your love of pink again x

Miriam said...

Fabulous box - love it!!

Your blog post made me laugh- alot!

Helen said...

It looks great! There is nothing wrong with pink, in it's place....lol.

Karen Petitt said...

love it!!! it needs to come home to me!!! well you did make it for me didn't you Hels? lol well i am the stamping in pink female! just of to the stamp attic blog to see what you used, it's so pretty hugs Karen x

anna christensen crafts said...

Keep inking pink! You do it extremely pinkilisciously well. I feel like making something pretty now xx

Shazza said...

Hels this is beautiful, I just LOVES pink!!
x

Redanne said...

Hi Hels, it is absolutely stunning, love the pink and love the little birdcage inside too. Beautiful.......A x

Joanne said...

Thank goodness for pink......
Hugs Joanne xx
ps. lurve the box

Sue said...

Just stunning - and very pink! Sx

Kim said...

Love that box. What a beautiful piece.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous and love the pink!!!

Alexandra said...

Absolutely beautiful box. Love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails