Monday 9 July 2012

Anyone For Wendy???

...I had a fab day on Saturday :O)) I was up at Busy Bee Crafts in Sheffield for an instore demo day... wow, what a welcome, what a lovely bunch of ladies and what a lovely buffet. Oh yesh, there was a buffet (mmm, me and buffet's get along just fine, I love buffet food!) Anyways, I was there to play with the gorgeousness that is Studio 490 and I had a fab time getting inky and playing with Art Parts, embellies and of course, my fave stamps.


I want to give a special shout out to MummyJoan who is, quite simply, the loveliest of ladies, she actually had me crying with laughter which brought on a hot flush, hence the pic above is me looking a bit... erm.. pink lol


Jean, the lovely lady who owns Busy Bees asked me if I could use some of her fave papers to alter a frame that she had... who am I to refuse eh? Well, I made the frame = the papers were such pretty colours that I wanted to keep the grunge to the minimum and make the flowers quite "light" if that makes sense.



I then got playing with a Spool Art Part piece... I added a Grungepaper rose that I had demo'd... using Gold Dabber to colour the Grunge first, then using THAT flower stamp and turning it into a rose.




My desk & demo area... no matter how big my demo area is, I always end up working in a 6" square space lol



Right, I shall away... I have a "to do" list today... and first on it is to go and do food shopping (booo, I hate food shopping) and then on the list is "defuzzing cobwebs" Mmmm, I am still thinking that those ickle spideys need a home so I might defer that one onto tomorrow's list lol Thanks for looking... as ever... have a good day! TTFN

Hels x

17 comments:

Helen said...

Looks like you had a great time!!

Joanne said...

A fab time and fab samples - as always. Go shop now....LOL
Hugs Joanne xx

My name is Cindy said...

Love that frame Hels. Know what you mean about wnding up with a six inch square to work in - my desk got so bad last night thing I was working on actually kept falling off the edge. In the end I had to give in and tidy stuff up.

Redanne said...

The paper on the mirror does look beautiful and love how you have finished it off with the flower and the little shelf. Loving your spool with 'that' flower too. You could always do your shop online....just saying.....A x

Michelle Webb said...

Don't we all end up with a 6" working square! It's because we want everything to hand. Love your art parts, you always have some fantastic ideas for them. I must get some, they always look like so much fun. I've been having fun with Ranger's Memory Glass, I've totally overlooked it for ages, then I got inspirational yesterday. Love it when that happens. Michelle x

TonyR said...

gorgeous pices!!
and you are always so sparkly and cheery!! love you.
i would give anything to be able to attend one of your classes!
have a great week
tony xx

rachel said...

fab stuff Hels - looks lie you had a fabulous time! Wish I'd been there! Hugs Rachel xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

You are a busy bee, love your spool, great dimension and flower. Love the frame too. Tracy x

Gabrielle said...

Oh such fabulousness all in one place. Looks like you have had an awful lot of fun! Thinking that you can't have room to house it all... and I'm a very selfless friend who's happy to take some off your hands...! Think of it as a community service... less to dust! No? Fair enough. Though you know my opinion on those spiders... I hope they haven't had their home hoovered up! x

Jenny Marples said...

Bet Jean was thrilled silly with her frame - that flower is to die for!! And as for the spool, you do them soooo well. Glad you had a great day. Hugs, Buttons x

Shazza said...

fabby x

Andrea said...

Hels that frame and your art is beautiful, love all the demo pieces and your works always a pleasure xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

3D uber gorgeousness here! I love love love the rose! Fantastic! Can I come over and craft with you...lol?!?

Lori said...

Looks like quite a lovely day, Hels, along with a lovely piccie...the art pieces are full of Wendyness..I love that flower!

Lori said...

Looks like quite a lovely day, Hels, along with a lovely piccie...the art pieces are full of Wendyness..I love that flower!

Carole Z said...

Wow what a super day you have had, love your creations..I've been wanting to play with a spool art part for ages and now you've really inspired me! Carole Z X

Karen Petitt said...

am green, well pea green to be exact lol! looks like a fab time was had by all and the papers you used on the frame - that is one reason why i'm green they're gorgeous! the other reason - one day i will be able to get to watch you work - wonderful art parts as usual hugs Karen x

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails