Sunday 3 June 2012

Sunday Stamper - Week 208 - Her Majesty

Gooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy Jubilee Sunday to you all. Firstly, many thanks for all the gorgeous wordy entries for last weeks challenge. This week, here in the UK, Jubilee fever is upon us. (as usual, the good old British weather has turned... wet and windy!) Anyways, in keeping with the festivities, I have chosen a royal theme this week but so everyone can join in, the theme is RED, WHITE & BLUE which means that covers loads of different possibilities. To join in with the theme is simples: make a little something - it can be anything you fancy. Add in the theme and some stamping and then pop back here with a link to the place you are showing your entry. You can also join in using Facebook/Picassa/Flickr etc or bob an email over to me. The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday June 9th 2012.


My entry this week is a smidge patriotic, using Papermania papers (couldn't resist these, I know, I am not supposed to be buying papers but.... ) I covered an 8" shadow box and added a little frame to the insidey bit, also covering this with papers. I added some hand cut bunting to the top inside of the box and to tone it all down, used a piece of Cut & Dry with some watered down SnowCap Dabber. The stamping was done with SnowCap Dabber, using my favest script stamp and those diamonds that I seem to use on everything too... appropriate this time though, being as it is the Diamond Jubilee :O))



I added a few more diamonds in the little frame using Vermillion and Manganese Blue Archivals. The rose is from "that" Studio 490 flower stamp, on Grunge, coloured with Fired Brick DI and popped onto the little frame with a couple of diamond pins behind it. There's a Cash Key dangling, using Screw Eyes and a bit of stamped paper to make it dangle. I finished by adding a few more bits of Idea-ology. Check out the ickle date stamping... it is the ancient one that Grim found in the loft; seemed perfect to add it to the frame.


So, there you have it... a very patriotic entry... however, you don't have to go down this route if you would prefer to make something that is just red/white & blue then that is fine too. It is blowing a hooley outside my window and I am just hoping that it clears up before this afternoon... one of the greatest spectacles to ever be seen on the River Thames will be happening this afternoon... I am nabbing front row seats in the living room... I cannot wait to see Her Majesty on her Royal Barge... tis very exciting indeedily! Right then, I best go... I need to iron my best frock and dust off the hat - well, I need to look my best for Her Maj after all! Thanks for looking.... have a fab week! TTFN

Hels x

PS... how very remiss of me to forget to mention that the song title is another Beatles song - last song, side 2, Abbey Road... just in case you were wondering lol

43 comments:

Ink Art Designs said...

Wow...this is awesome Hels!!! I especially love the flower and the pins, they make a great centre piece. Her majesty herself would love this!
Dot x

Mandy Chilvers said...

totally love this Hels...amazing just like all your inky goodness.

here's my Jubilee piece http://mandysmagicalworldofart.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/jubilee.html

Helen said...

Just shabbily fantastic! I love it. Will have to think of another red white and blue thing to do as I did one just yesterday, LOL! I too will be watching the Pageant from my sofa!! Poor people are going to get very wet....

rachel said...

Brilliant Hels - really love the feel of this piece and that crown is to die for! Hugs Rachel xx

Sue said...

Happy 'Jubilee' Sunday to you too Hels. What a fabulous, royal piece today. These colours look very muted & blend together so well. Her Majesty would be very proud...Enjoy the Pageant. Sx

My name is Cindy said...

Am just loveing all these shabby/UJ papers, they are s pretty. What a lovely piece. As the weather has rather put a damper on ourplans for today I may just have a go at something for myself once the chores are out the way! Have a great weekend. Cindy

Joanne said...

A lot of work gone into this one Hels. You are so very clever and everything is always so neat. enjoy the tele.
Hugs Joanne xx

Rita said...

A very Jubilant good morning Hels. Your shadow box is fab, as usual lots of your shabby chic going on too. Need to think about this one. We have sunshine here in the West of Scotland, but it is a tad windy though. Hugs Rita xx

Jenny Marples said...

It's that flower again!! Works a treat on this box. Must admit I have lusted after this whole Papermania range but thus far have resisted, but your project has weakened me!
Good weather for wind-resistant ducks here in the middle of the country so not good for any outdoor partying! Hey ho, time to craft and watch the box instead.
Hugs Buttons x

Andrea said...

just Amazing Hels, this is a fantastic bit of art for the Jubilee, the Queen would love it to and enjoy the celebrations and I am to watching all from my distressed frontroom xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous patriotic creation Hels, love the flower, works beautifully with this and the papers are gorgeous as is the crown charm in the centre along with the stamped diamonds. It so happens that my Altered Alice piece fits your challenge this week so I am entering it HERE. Enjoy the speach. Tracy x x

Shazza said...

amazing creations Hels x

Redanne said...

Love how you have decorated the shadow box Hels, especially 'that' flower. I have those papers too and love them, but don't want to use them! Well, maybe just this once......A x

Candy C said...

Hels, what a cool commemoration piece you've created for the Queen's Jubilee. I love it! It reminds me of a shabby chic old quilt. Love your design! I've been watching the news coverage of all of the celebrations in your country. Just amazing and I know all your Brits are so proud of your heritage. <3 Candy

Bonnie McLain said...

Love your creation Hels... it is really wonderful... and I know that Her Royalness would love it... I hope that you all stay dry and still enjoy the day... Here is my piece for the celebration...

http://lovelightandpeacebonnie.blogspot.com/2012/06/jubilee-day.html

Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...superb work Hels & a great tribute to our number one lady...Mel :)
This is the 1st time I've entered & I hope I've done this right?
http://theyorkshirefox.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/red-white-blue.html

Barb Cady said...

Lovely shadow box Hels, a real piece of memorabilia to keep! Here is my offering, I didn't think my banner would take in so much history!
http://barbarascraftroom.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/sunday-stamper-208-her-majesty.html
Have a lovely bank holiday xx

Sarah said...

Amazing project Hels!

Sarah x

Sarah said...

Amazing project Hels!

Sarah x

Redanne said...

Hi again Hels, here is my entry for this week's challenge.

http://bollyanne.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/hooray-for-red-white-and-blue.html

Crafty hugs, Anne x

Anne-Marie said...

Her Majesty kept that smile full-on, didn't she? Wouldn't have got me on that barge in this weather...haaa!
Love your project, and am feelin' a little sad that all my lovely Jubilee stash will be out of date in a few days...sigh.
Here's my link to my humble effort, lol...
http://little-applefalls.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/stars-and-stripes-british-style.html

Aquarius said...

Reckon I've seen enough red, white and blue to last me for ages but managed to come up with this tag for the challenge - you can see it here.  Congratulations on your latest DT appointment.

Claire said...

Hi Hels, I took inspiration from all your flower creations and made one of my own for my red, white and blue card - you can see it here: http://clairescraftymakes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/red-white-and-blue.html
Thanks, love Claire x

Keren Howell said...

This is so great, loving it a lot!

Here's mt effort - http://ailego.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/happy-and-glorious.html

Julia S-W said...

Love what you've done here! I am in the middle of making something red, white and blue so how convenient is that - you must have chosen this just for my poor, addled brain which is having trouble thinking of things at the moment. Will be back soon to link up with finished item.
Juliaxx

Debbie Dolphin said...

Hiya Sweetie

I couldnt resist these papers either. So perfect for this weekend here in Blighty!!!LOL
Love your creation as always xxx
Hugs
debbie xx

Netty said...

Terrific decorated box.....here is the link to mine Hels
http://nettyscraftings.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/jubee-lee.html

Annie said...

http://curiousncraftytreasures.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/hi-everyone.html

Hi Hels......love all your inspirational pieces as well as your stories, which make me smile. Hugs Annie x

Carole Z said...

Brill Hels...got lots of ideas for this one! Carole Z

Sue said...

Hope you have enjoyed the weekend of royalty. Here is my entry for this week. Sx

BarbaraW said...

I love your patriotic frame. I'd love to be there to witness all the pageantry. My card can be seen here: http://magicdelights.blogspot.com/2012/06/kindergarten-graduation.html

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Hels what a gorgeous piece you have created.
I must say my head is full of cotton and my body needs sleep as I stayed up very late to watch the Jubilee Concert. It was fantastic! You Brits surely know how to celebrate.

Anyway I am freezing my extremities off here as a blast from Antarctica is pounding Australia.

My blog http://timetocreate-handmadetreasure.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/where-do-mermaids-go.html has a secret Merpunks dream.

Jenny Marples said...

Done it!!
http://pushingtherightbuttons.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/repurpose-your-rwb-for-man.html
Exciting news to share soon!!
Hugs, Buttons x

The Sparkly Fairy said...

Hope you had a great Jubilee Weekend.

Here is my entry
http://thesparklyfairy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/theyre-changing-guard-at-buckingham.html

Hazel said...

My card is here x

Hazel said...

Another here x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

It would be so wonderful to see the Queen's Jubilee in person! What fun! I love the way you have commemorated it here! So cool!

Here is mine!
http://theartfulmaven.blogspot.com/2012/06/7-4-1776.html

Carole Z said...

Hi Hels, here's my contribution to this week's challenge! Carole Z X
http://8thwonderart.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/sunday-stampers-wk-208-her-majesty.html

Julia S-W said...

I'm back with my entry which you will find here:
http://julialsw.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/red-white-and-blue.html
Thanks for a lovely challenge!
Juliaxx

Shirl said...

Beautiful piece Hels it has quite a soft and delicate feel to it. Gorgeous.

My link is Here

Karen Petitt said...

Gorgeous piece Hels, such wonderfully shabby colours. Not sure if this follows the brief well enough! Anyhows here is my offering:
http://stampinginpink.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/my-two-personalities.html
Hope you have a fab weekend! hugs Karen x

Carol said...

What a lovely thing you have done you inspire me every week with all your posts.

To see mine:

http://carolscraftingadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Inkypinkycraft said...

talk about cutting it fine!! here is mine:
http://inkypinkycraft.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/red-white-and-blue-for-diamond-jubilee.html
hugs trace x

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails