Sunday 13 May 2012

Sunday Stamper - Week 205 - Killer Queen

Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy Sunday to you all. As ever, many many thanks for your wonderfully colourful entries for last weeks challenge - lovely to see a few new peeps' too. This week is an easy peasy theme. As the song title would suggest, this weeks theme is all about Queens & Crowns. To join in with the challenge is simples: make a little something, it can be anything you fancy. Add in the theme and some stamping and then pop back here to leave me a comment with the link to where you are showing your entry. If you don't have a blog/Flickr/Picassa etc, you can use Facebook or bob and email over to me with the piccie attached (please can you resize the pics before you send them though... I still have one from last week that is too big to download ;o)) The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 19th May 2012.


This week I fancied having a little play with my Studio 490 goodies... stamps and Art Parts go so well with Grunge and Distress. I started by colouring the base of the large oval frame with Black Soot Distress Stain. This covers so well and quickly and dries in the shake of a lambs tail too. I sanded the edges of the base and then smudged some Vintage Photo DI around it to age it. The frame itself was coloured with Scattered Straw Stain and then overstamped with Monarch Orange (oooh, Monarch, just realised the significance! No, actually, I used that colour on purpose... ahem)


The background for the centre was Antique Linen and Scattered Straw Stains smooshed onto my craft sheet and the card was dipped and dried to get a splotchy background. I used the same flowery background stamp and Pale Ochre Archival Ink to stamp to make a really pretty delicate base for the sentiment. That was stamped in Jet Black Archival and the card was coloured the same way as the base bit. I added some flowery stamping on the base card with Vermillion Archival to break up the background a bit.



The floral decoration is a combo of Art Parts and Grungepaper with a resin bloom for the centre. Queenie is stamped onto her co-ordinating Art Part and the crown was stamped with the Squolka-Dot background (one of my faves) I added the words to the crown and the frame... totally inspired by one of the pieces I made in those classes I was lucky enough to take with THE Wendy Vecchi last year.


The ickle shelf is a Scallop Border, coloured as the base of the frame, sanded, blended etc and then loaded up with bits and bobs. The little lamp is just soooo cute... that is an Art Part which has been coloured with Stains and overstamped with Archival and I added a Chain Tassel as a lightpull (another idea nicked from Wendy) There are a few crowns on the shelf, along with a couple of buttons, the Art Parts Scissors and some more resin blooms.


Right... I had better get myself to bed... another scheduled post because today I shall be at The Stamp Attic with my Alcohol Inks class.... am really looking forward to this one because I love Alcohol.... Inks! Whatever else did you think I meant? Thanks for looking... as ever, have a lovely day! TTFN

Hels x

33 comments:

ElizabethR said...

Ooow lovely, I've lots of nice new Port Sunlight stash to play with, so see you later xxx

Inkypinkycraft said...

Amazing piece, lve all the elects sitting n the shelf!!! Hugs trace x

Jenny Marples said...

Fantastic choice of song title (although I will now be singing this - hopefully in my head? - all day!!)
As ever you have created another mini masterpiece. There are so many details it will take a number of close inspections to see everything I suspect. Really love that background stamp. It is a stunner and will go with so many themes.
Just putting the finishing touches to a project for Linda Ledbetter's challenge - and ultimately a leaving card, but then to get all regal!!
Enjoy the inkiness, hugs, Buttons x

sara j said...

The lamp is too, too funny with that change. Great piece...hope you are starting to heal.

sara j said...

opps...chain, not change on the lamp...

Helen said...

Fabulous, Hels' and the song is one of my favourites... big Queen fan. Have a great time at Wendy's with the AI class.

Aquarius said...

So many brilliant details on this piece - great as usual. enjoy your alcoholic (ink) day!!

Sue said...

Really lovely as usual & a cute little shelf again. Lovin' this lots with all the little bits on it. Off to think ... Have a great day. Sx

Joanne said...

Fabulous. Love all the crowns on the shelf. can just imagine the queen wondering which one to wear today.
Hugs Joanne xx

Annie said...

Hi Hels love this piece. Great colours, sentiment and the shelf brilliant x

Anonymous said...

That's gorgeous!!

Caz said...

It's gorgeous and it's displayed in my living room at the moment!!!! Thank you Hun for a lovely birthday present (and all the other bits!!!) You are naughty - but I like you!!!
And thank you for such a great day - another Hels' Reference Book to add to my collection!
Chat soon
xxxxx
Oh, nearly forgot........who bought the costas today?!?!?!?! :-D

Gillian .... said...

Oh yes indeed a work of art, love the shelf with all the metal embellies, hope you had a fun class today. xxx

Est xxx said...

Gorgeous art piece and stunning colours :-)
Just added my piece to my blog xxx

Redanne said...

It is a mini art work Hels, gorgeous. Queen are my all time favs so off to have a think.........Anne Rx

Redanne said...

Hi Hels,, back again with my entry to the challenge.

http://bollyanne.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/i-won-on-tims-tags-and-sunday-stampers.html

Regards, Anne Rx

crafty creations said...

Again an awesome piece Hels - here is one I made earlier that fits the bill

You can see it here

Thanks for looking

Barb Cady said...

This is brilliant Hels, love the shelf. Glad to say that my daughter has booked me on your art parts workshop at the Stamp attic for my birthday pressie!! Hope there is a shelf about then. Here is my offering for this week:
http://barbarascraftroom.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/sunday-stamper-crowns-and-queens.html

See you soon! xx

Jenny Marples said...

Hi Hels. Got covered in ink and glitter doing this one!
http://pushingtherightbuttons.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/glitter-queen-for-day.html
Hugs, Buttons x

BarbaraW said...

Your project is awesome. Here's what I came up with: http://magicdelights.blogspot.com/2012/05/london.html

Elaine said...

Beautiful as always - love all the little bits on the shelf!! Here's my tag this week:
http://wavesofcreativity.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/heres-quick-tag-for-hels-sunday-stamper.html

Bonnie McLain said...

A Happy Birthday... a little early like your present... Love it... enjoy it. You certainly are on a roll.... I LOVE all your pretties.... I have been having fun too... check this one out...

http://lovelightandpeacebonnie.blogspot.com/2012/05/queen.html

its the queen in all her glory...

Have a super wonderful day... and creatively enjoy yourself like you always do...
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

Artyjen said...

Thanks for the inspiration Hels! I loved joining in this week with my journal page here.
Your piece is full of loveliness and super inkiness a fitting piece for a Queen :)
xoxo Sioux

Julia S-W said...

Crumbs - hope I haven't misinterpreted the theme! I spent so long looking at your fab pictures and then obviously only picked up on the theme title!! (Wires have clearly short circuited!).
Anyway, love your piece very much and here is mine - better late than never!
http://julialsw.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/queens-and-crowns.html
Juliaxx :(

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

LOve the colours you used and all the little details,Hels.

I enjoyed your theme and hope you get a chance to look this week!

http://timetocreate-handmadetreasure.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/play-game.html

hazel said...

A fabulous creation, I love how you've put all the elements together.
I've managed to enter the challenge this week.
xxx Hazel.

Here's the link to my entry.
http://hazelscreativemoments.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/if-crown-fits.html

Sandra Botham said...

Love the project you created here, its stunning.
Here is my entry this week.
http://redkittybcreates.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/red-white-and-blue.html


Thanks.
Sandra. x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love your project...that shelf is absolutely fabulous...wow!!! I love all the details on it...so fun.

Here is mine.
http://theartfulmaven.blogspot.com/2012/05/may-atcs.html

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Hels! I specially love your ickle shelf. On countdown now for next week!!
My offering is here - http://pearshapedcrafting.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/sunday-stamper-on-friday.html
Thanks for the inspiration, Chrisx

Helen said...

I'm back on my Hammersmith Odeon Queen concert memories again with this theme...
here is my entry for you!
http://stampingbyh.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/killer-queen-ss-205.html

Unknown said...

I went with the theme of Alice in Wonderland and added crowns (stamped and sticker) to represent the Red Queen...hope you like :)
here is my link:

http://mylifeinscraps-colleen.blogspot.com/2012/05/altered-candy-can.html

Sue said...

Just finished uploading mine & have just read the previous comment. Ooh - guess what, I have an 'Alice' theme too. I Better take a quick look! Great show today Hels. Here is my offering. Sx

Darren Demers said...

The ickle shelf is a Scallop Border, coloured as the base of the frame, sanded, blended etc and then loaded up with bits and bobs. The little lamp is just soooo cute... lawn suits designs 2016 with price , branded lawn 2016 with price that is an Art Part which has been coloured with Stains and overstamped with Archival and I added a Chain Tassel as a lightpull (another idea nicked from Wendy) There are a few crowns on the shelf, along with a couple of buttons, the Art Parts Scissors and some more resin blooms.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails