Sunday 1 April 2012

Sunday Stamper - Week 199 - On The Road Again

Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy Sunday to you all! Many many thanks for all the gorgeous birdy creations entered into last weeks challenge, it is so heartwarming to see so many entries each week! On with this weeks challenge... the theme is picked because of what I am up to today... more of that in a mo though. So, the theme is... TRANSPORT. To join in is simples: make a little something - it can be anything you like. Add in the theme and some stamping and then hop back here and leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your entries. If you haven't got a blog/picassa/flickr etc, you can email me with a pic of your creation too... oh and you can also join in on Facebook - just publish your pic and pop over to leave me a comment and I can come and have a nosy. The challenge will remain open until 21:00, Saturday 7th April 2012.


So... the theme this week... well, today is all about cars for us because it is the start of the British Touring Cars season at Brands Hatch... I love the Touring Cars more than any other sport and cannot wait to hear the roar of the engines and smell the burning rubber... and of course, as ever, we will be supporting Jason Plato **shhh, don't tell... I swoons lol**



Anyways... enough waffling about that... and on to my entry; it is a tag *how original* lol This one is slightly different because I made a bit of a feature for the background, using Rock Candy Cracklepaint and a Tim Holtz Mini Mask of a Compass... spreading the Rock Candy through the mask and setting aside to dry... once dried, I went over the tag with loads of Stains and water - Old Paper, Weathered Wood and Crushed Olive and then blending Faded Jeans and Black Soot DI's over the tag too.



The car is stamped onto Grungeboard, embossed and cut out and then coloured with Pumice Stone DI and attached to the tag with 3d foam. I added some background stamping onto the tag, made a little message to pop inside the Ornate Frame and then got handy with some Idea-ology (am in lurve with those new Mini Cogs!)



Right then... this time next week the Sunday Stamper will be 200 weeks old! So, there will be a special theme and a giveaway too... I will keep you in suspenders til then though (meany lol) I must away... things to do, like scrubbing my hands so they are ok to be seen in public... sarnies to make and nails to be painted... Thanks for looking... have a wonderful day all... TTFN

Hels x

38 comments:

Caz said...

I'm first this week!! But only to comment - not sure if I will get the time to enter this week but see how time goes, might snatch a few minutes to make something!
Have a great day at the Touring Cars.
xxxx

Caz said...

PS - Love the tag - another technique to add to the "must try" list - them new cogs is really cute!!
:-)

Dee in N.H. said...

Great tag Hels! I love how you did the rock candy through a mask! Very cool!

Miriam said...

Fabulous. Will be onto this as soon as I finish my second bottle of wine, get some sleep and get p again!!

Helen said...

Fabulous tag - will try hard to join in once i've finished my chemistry lessons with Sir Tim. Have a great time!

Brenda Brown said...

Gorgeous background Hels and everything beautifully composed and displayed.
Hope you have a great Sunday galavanting about hehe.
hugs {brenda} xox

Joanne said...

Have a wonderful day. I won tickets for Oulton Park a few years ago. Only cost me £20 for camping for the whole weekend of fun. I think JP won a few times.
Hugs Joanne xx

craftimamma said...

Hope you're having a great day out Hels and that the sunshine we have here is shining on you too.

Love the fab tag with that lovely rock candy technique ....... that's definitely one to try for me and congratulations on getting to (well almost) 200 weeks with Sunday Stamper. If only I could find another hour or two it's the one challenge I'd love to join in with.

I'm doing a mega catch up this morning as I finally have a morning of me time ...... Son and GDaughter gone on hols for a week and Mum at my Brother's for weekend ......... bliss!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Anonymous said...

Morning Hels, thanks so much for commenting on my bird tag last night, especially as I was late for the challenge - I forgot the deadline was 9pm. Will try harder next time. :)
This is of course a gorgeous tag, I love the background & the embellies are great.
Have a lovely day.

Rita said...

Morning Hels, Sundays come round so quickly its unbelievable. I love your tag for this weeks challenge. Enjoy your day and I'm off to look through my stamps. My turn to cook to-day, so I will not be crafting all day as I usually do. Happy Crafting. Hugs Rita xx

Sue West said...

Love your tag Hels, that Rock Candy technique is one I will definitely have to try. I made a tag before I go to work this afternoon, you can find it here. http://susiepinkink.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/on-journey.html
Have a great Sunday.
Sue xx

donna said...

can't wait to try the crackle technique. fantastic look on your
tag.

fatmonica said...

It looks stunning!

Candy C said...

What...no flowers?!?! Just kidding! Your tag looks fantastic!!! Great technique and great application of it! <3 Candy

Sue said...

Love the background. The colours are fab. Here is my entry. Sx

Jacqueline said...

Love the muted colurs in this piece Hels! It's lovely! Wish my tags would come out that good...anyway....here's my effort this week...

http://jacquelinescraftyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/sunday-stampers-week-199-transport.html


Take care

Jackie x

Becky said...

Love you tag and love the theme this week here is mine
http://becky-bailey-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/transport.html

Rita said...

Well, I managed to create a Transport Tag this afternoon. Hope you've all had a nice week-end. Hugs Rita xxx

Here's Mine

anna christensen crafts said...

Great tag Hels. Love the Rock Candy masking technique, your colour scheme, all the Ideology... um... well everything about it really xx

Here's mine... it's odd, but was fun to make ;)

http://annachristensencrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/spring-touch-of-whimsy-gibson-girl-goes.html

Redanne said...

Hope you enjoyed the touring cars. Fabulous tag Hels, thanks for the rock candy technique, will try that one. My tag is at:

http://bollyanne.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/sunday-stampers-week-199-transport.html

Elaine said...

Motor racing is an accepted sport in our house - Jason did well and so did the marshalls with all that sweeping!! Love your tag - soft colours and great crackled compass. Here's my tag this week:
http://wavesofcreativity.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/where-to-go.html

rachel said...

Hi Hels - great stuff - really enjoyed this challenge - link is below - what do you think? Rachel xx
http://fisherscardsandcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/day-one-of-holidays-and-card.html

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

I love your tags! What inspirational work. They are awesome.

hugs,
susan s.

Barb Cady said...

Hi Hels dear. Hope you had a fab day out? Love the theme this week, your tab is glorious. Here is my effort:
http://barbarascraftroom.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/sunday-stamper-199-on-road-again.html
Lotsa love - thinking of you. xx

Sara said...

Hi fab tag again, heres my tag I used the bleaching and blocking technique from saturday thanks for the inspiration.
http://mypreciouscraftymoments.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/tag-36-flying-high.html

Hazel said...

My card is here x

Carol said...

Great tag,have a fun day at the Touring Cars.
Here is my card.

http://carolscraftingadventures.blogspot.co.uk/2012_04_01_archive.html

Ali Manning said...

Awesome tag, Hels! Can't believe you're celebrating challenge #200 soon - that's awesome!!

Kate said...

Hi Hels, mine's here. Hope you have a happy Easter with lots of chocs!

** Kate **

Miriam said...

Here is my entry:

http://miriamgrazier.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/sunday-stamper-week-199-on-road-again.html

Hettie said...

This is lovely. You have given me a great idea for my hubby's birthday card which is looming very close!! I shall see if I can fit something in this week!

Annie said...

Hi Hels Love your tag. I have made a tag, well my initial idea was for a tag............but it is now an altered cereal box. Hope you like it. Hugs Annie x

aisling said...

Love the theme! Here's my entry; http://artyventure.wordpress.com/2012/04/05/vintage-bicycle/

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

I sort of cheated a wee bit this week Hels. I have never posted this layout before and as it is about my most missed car I thought why not!
Now I am back on my bike as there seems to be never ending jobs today.

http://timetocreate-handmadetreasure.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/miss-this-car.html

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Beautiful tag and your technique...love that CC101! Gorgeous color and background.

Here is my entry.
http://theartfulmaven.blogspot.com/2012/04/r-u-2012.html

Dawn Louise said...

G just love it, the ole jalopy was my first tim Holtz stamp I ever bought and is so useful x thanks for the continued inspiration x

Buttons said...

Have only gone and done it!! My first entry to a challenge on 'my blog'!!
Thanks for the encouragement Hels.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I know I am a bit late but I did say I would, so you will find my entry here

http://pearshapedcrafting.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/travelling.html
Found this theme a definite challenge - not many travelly type stamps!!
Happy Easter, Chris

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails