Tuesday 20 March 2012

Ruffley Ribbons...

Cor blimey, all this sunshine is going to my head and making me want to play in the garden instead of the Room of Stash! I know! Mind you, if you saw our garden you would totally get why it needs some attention... two long years of chopping trees, taking down the hideosity that was the decking, moving sheds, laying a patio (ok, so we didn't actually do that, the nice man who distressed the drive did that for us... picture it now, looking like a Venetian square....) anyways.... all that is left to do is get the patch ready for turf, get the turf down, build a border, plant a border and then... I can get cracking on my veggie patch, although the plan for world domination in all veggie growing contents has gone to the wall, my veggie patch is probably big enough for a pea and a sprout, it has potential though!


In the midst of all this diggery pokery (like what I did there? huh? lol) I am still hunting high and low for Mr Mojo, whom, it appears, has decided to take a sabbatical... a long one at that! So... faced with my challenge for the Fantastic Ribbons DT to make something ruffley, I went in search of projects of old and found some canvases I altered this time last year... and copied the idea, the colours, the diecuts, blahblahblah... and came up with this effort. No matter how hard I try, I can never get Colorwash Sprays to play nice with masks... so ignore the splattery bits... they are there so you can see how not to do it lol


The ribbons are another story though. I mean, I love a good ribbon and Fantastic Ribbons certainly do have tonnes of them... gorgeousness isn't a word big enough to desribe them all... so I will let you suss them out for yourself... HERE's the link to the shop.... oh and... of course, hop on over to see the other girlie's on the teams work.. HERE on the blog... ohhh, lalalaaaaa, all gorgeous! A quicky on how I made mine: Covering a canvas with Destinations papers, using Matte Medium as a resist to streak over the paper, colouring the paper with Colorwash Sprays, edging the paper with Tissue Tape, smudging this with black Dabber, using masks to make a mess, I mean, add decoration (snort) and then bobbing a big old Rosette on there, adding the ribbon in a ruffle and then popping Idea-ology on to finish it :O))


Right... I must away, I have 56 kits to ... erm... kit, in preparation for this weekend's classes... and of course, there's the call of the garden... oh and of course, the search for Mr Mojo, if you do see him lurking about, please shove him back in this direction won't you... I am missing him! Thanks for looking... have a goodly day! TTFN

Hels x

26 comments:

Kirsten Alicia said...

Blimey Hels, that's rather stunning, I love the background.

Becky said...

That is lovely Hels. Now don't go overdoing it in the garden x

P'tite Plume said...

Love it!

Elaine said...

Maybe Mr Mojo is sunning himself on your patio so perhaps you should go out and look. Kits can be done inside when it's dark!!
Love your rosette by the way.

Andrea C said...

Very very cool creation x

Marjie Kemper said...

I'm loving it. Hope MM comes back soon but to me it looks like he's already there.

Helen said...

Oo-er love this! Looks as if Mr Mojo is ok myself... good luck getting your kits ready - at least you know what you're doing for the class!

Fuchsia said...

I love the little clock Hels I might have to pinch that to put on a birthday gift if that's alright with you ?
Its a stunning piece of work I Hels :0)
dont do too much in the garden now .
I really must get back into Sunday stampers I am a bit lacking Mojo too xxx

Tracey said...

Lush canvas Hels, ummm, our garden needs some attention especially as it is a bit worse for wear from our 18mnt old springer.
Have a fab weekend, wish I was coming but it's the old man's birthday on saturday.
xx

whyducks said...

Lovely Lady Hels! (lady, because you have a very posh driveway!)

Redanne said...

I don't think Mr Mojo has gone anywhere, what a stunning creation! Please don't overdo it in the garden, crafting is far more important, lol.

lainey said...

stunning work hels love your ruffles!! lainey x

Rita said...

Fabulous Art Hels. The weather is lovely here too. Hopefully Mr Mojo is just having a break. I don't think he's gone very far. Hugs Rita xxx

crafty creations said...

Fabulous work as always Hels - can't believe that, at long last, one of those kits is for ME !!!!!! See you Sunday x Hilda

Joanne said...

Well if I can make a 'mess' as good as that I'll be very happy. 'Tis fab. Righto, get on with those kits and don't forget mine, I need 4!!!!
Hugs Joanne xx

Shazza said...

tis fab Hels, I too have a hideous job toa tackle to get my garden looking decent but no inspiration to do it. Hope mr mojo returns soon x

Kaz Hall said...

OOOo what a Beauty!! Very gorgeous indeed!! Hope you got some sunshine .....xxx

kaz x x x

Anonymous said...

Hi Hels, gorgeous canvas..I'm so looking forward to seeing you on Sunday afternoon :-) Hopefully I'll be rid of the lurgy that I have got now....sorry I've not had chance to catch up in a while..been a bit stressful here...but I can't wait to see you.. S xx

Kezzy said...

Wow love the canvas, just catching up and seeing how you are, hope the tablets work better for you. As you know I have a bad back and accupunture I find is fantastic, don't be disappointed though on the first session as it takes quite a bit of time to really start working, I always suffer slightly more after it and feel sick, but within a few days I get great relief, I have finished the course but have top up sessions. It's such a shame that the injections didn't work, I'm due for some more and I can't wait, it doesn't take alot of pain away from my back but it does take the nerve pain down my legs away so I can walk. One thing I was wondering, have you tried a tens machine, ok so at first I thought thats for pregnancy but my pain clinic gave me a free trial for two weeks then you pay for one, I paid for one over the internet that is like a phone and hooks on a belt, but it really works, when I'm in alot of pain and just milder pain I sit there buzzing while crafting and it is amazing, I would urge anyone to have ago, I'm not sure about you but when I am in pain I tend to rub the area (wouldn't let anyone else do it lol) well a tens machine is like you rubbing it. Hope some of the above helps, I have to admit I'm not looking forward to my injections as the pain is ridiculas,and the bee stings feelings are horrible, but I want to walk so no pain no gain (whoever made that up I would like to shoot them lol!!!) Glad Alfiecat is feeling a little bit better, poor thing. I had to laugh yesterday when I saw your post for Sunday stamper, all last saturday and sunday morning I kept thinking of you in the fact I had a tag I won off you that has a handmade flower made from the TH dies, but could I get my middle right, I spent so much time looking all ways around the tag but still by sunday I had given up and put small flowers on my mums frame, then saw your post and this week it is flowers doh, maybe if you have anytime as I know your busy, maybe you could give a quick tutorial, I can do your other ones but getting these flowers to work, well I just can work it out. Better get off, before I go guess what, my OH has paid for me to go to Artsycrafts for the whole weekend, I met you (outside!!) there on the TH one last year, I can't wait. Take care, hope mojo flies back soon. Kezzy xxx

Dee in N.H. said...

What a beauty Hels! Love it!

Ann said...

Loving the papers & streaking & masking & all of it really!! lol!
Ann xx

ElizabethR said...

I love this one the colours are gorge!

Kate Yetter said...

This is fabulous! I love the color, texture, embellies, everything!!!! Mr. mojo is still with you!
Kate

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

linda peça
lindas rosetas!

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

And here I am having a moan about the number of kits I am creating for tomorrows class. 56 ---seriosuly scary!

There's nothing like the outdoors neither for serious wellboing.

joolsedesigns said...

I love it

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails